Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand?

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #11  
I switched from Kubota oil to Rotella T4 - 15W40. I haven't noticed that it makes a whole lot of difference. The local NAPA store where I buy the Rotella is a WHOLE lot closer than the Kubota dealership.

The tractor starts and runs the same with either oil.

As long as the oil meets the manufacturers specs - I think the frequency of change is more important than brand.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #13  
Delo goes in all my diesel engines.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #14  
Kubota doesn't produce oil, they go to the lowest bidder who wants to carry their name (Like most dealers). Use Delo or Rotella specd to your tractor and it will roll for thousands of hours with factory kept service intervals.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand?
All my diesels run T6 5w-40, 2 Kubota's and its a marked improvement on cold start.
Great! I look forward to comparing... going to run my Kubota Oil (just changed) for some projects then swap before it gets really cold.

T6 is all I run in both my Kubota diesels, as well as several other small engines
Great to hear! I spent hours upon hours reading over a dozen forums from small engines to cummins and motorcycles the T6 5w-40 seems to be used and LOVED in everything... just not a lot specifically about Kubota, I think due to Kubota changing classification requirements!

I recently got 15 gallons of T6 5w-40 and my plan is to use it in my generators (honda), my atv (polaris) and my car and tractor.... my generators get 100s of hours per-year of usage so they will see 2-3 oil changes a year, luckily not much oil in them ;) I'll still be using up the rest of my Mobil1 Syn and Penzoil Ultra Plat... I mean I do have 10 years and 4000hrs+ on my generators with Mobil1 Syn with 0 issues... my primary goal was to reduce the amount of oil jugs I need and go with a 30G or 50G drum of T6 5w-40 in the future... this will free up 3' x 6' of oil shelf space for me :oops:

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand?
I use that oil in my Dodge Cummins motor and cold weather operations are much better. IDK about small Diesel engines but I’ve been tempted to run it in my tractor.
I'll let you know what I notice and update this after I change the oil again before it starts getting colder.... luckily for now mid 40s but even that is noticeable on the kubota oil.
Then again I see a lot of threads about the m59 and kubota in general smoking and stumbling the first 4-6 seconds of startup when it's cold (or high elevation).

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #17  
T6 in every diesel from my 95 cummins, to my 04 TDI and 2010 kubota.

• Good Post
Reactions: TWD
   / Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #18  
I switched to the T6 15W40 because my Gr L6060 is a turbo and I wanted to use 100% synthetic and Kubota doesn't offer full synthetic for the engine.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #19  
I run T6 5w40 in my M7060. Manual calls for 10w30 (with ratings for the dpf) The temp chart does not go low enough for my climate. T6 meets the dpf spec and is better for my temps here.
I also run it in my newer VW TDI (dpf deleted) all my small 4cyckw engines, it also has the MA rating (if my memory is right) for a moly additive so it’s good in the ATV with it’s wet clutch. I’ve ran it in my Tacoma but it wants 0w20 which is pretty thin but I suspect Toyota does that for fuel economy ratings more so that for the engine tolerances (as per some other countries specs being different for the same engine)
Such a hot topic!

• Good Post
Reactions: TWD
   / Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #20  
I don't run Kubota branded anything (oil / filters) in my kubotas