Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand?

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #51  
Good advice. I have my lube oil analyised with every change. Both engine and trans.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #53  
Me, I like to standardize as much as I can, why I have 2 identical tractors and why I only use T6 in everything except the pump on my pressure washer (it gets straight 30 weight non detergent).

Having identical tractors, I don't have to shelve a bunch of different filters, or oil. Same with the cars, both take the same filters and they get T6 as well.

In fact, everything gets T6. I buy it in 5's or a 55 gallon drum.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #54  
I've been working on diesel powered Navy ships for a few decades and the one constant regardless if it's a slow speed, medium speed or high speed diesel is frequent oil and filter changes are paramount to the health and longevity of the engine.

We are required to perform oil analysis testing weekly for viscosity, water in oil, TBN etc. We act on the results of the testing and the results also instantly sent off ship for third party interpretation as well.

In addition to the oil testing, we also perform weekly vibration analysis and cylinder pressure analysis.

For all we do regardless how the engines are run, the single greatest influencer to the health of a diesel engine is the correct oil and filters being changed at the correct/frequent intervals.

Aside from the oil, due to the ultra low sulpher fuel we have to use, we use two fuel additives. One is for lubricity so you don't destroy all your injector tips and the other is an industrial strength biocide to kill any microbes that could develop if any water is introduced to the fuel tanks.
What did you use for lubricity?

• Good Post
Reactions: TWD
   / Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #56  
I run 5W-40 T6 in my BX23S. The dealer recommended it as a year round oil. Starts easy enough in colder weather.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #57  
I run 5W-40 T6.....
I use it in my tractor, ZTR, garden tractor, SxS's, log splitter, and 2 motorcycles (it's JASO MA2 rated for wet clutches). Unfortunately I can't even find the stuff around here now.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #58  
I use 15w40 HD Marine Amsoil in my tractor. I'm in Fl and we have plenty of condensation in crankcases down here. I may use my tractor nfor several days and then it will sit, sometimes for weeks. That oil is good at preventing rust in the crank case and preventing wear caused by moisture.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #59  
Kubota oil is made by ConocoPhillips as well as Motorcraft oi, and its main sibling is Kendall oil. All good stuff. I run t6 in all my equipment and F-350/F-250. I want to run t6 5w40 in my kx040 and svl75 but it doesn’t list 5w40 as a suitable weight. I emailed kubota and they said as of now their engineers haven’t approved that weight…? Sucks so I used t6 15w40 which i assume is ok, but there is a very knowledgeable oil guy on another forum i frequent that said the 15w40 base oil/additive package is garbage compared to the t6 5w40.