Engine Replacement

/ Engine Replacement #1  

AES 1815

Tractor
2007 - John Deere 2305
I have a 2007 John Deere with the Yanmar 3TNV76 engine. The engine blew, I am guessing the oil pump went on it. There was plenty of oil in the engine. The tractor only has 276 hours on it. I have been quoted $12,000 by the local JD Dealer to replace the engine. I am thinking of having the engine rebuilt. I will have to pull the engine and get it to the rebuild shop. Looking for a step by step guide on pulling the engine. Does anyone know where I can find one?

/ Engine Replacement #3  
   / Engine Replacement #4  
I will have to pull the engine and get it to the rebuild shop. Looking for a step by step guide on pulling the engine. Does anyone know where I can find one?
The OEM JD service manuals are very good, and provide step-by-step instructions. You do need to use common sense and it is good to have some mechanical experience.

I have done the frame-mounted deeres (955), and the non-framed deeres (4300). All the parts were available and not crazy-priced if you are resourceful. For the engine, you may only need bearings, rings, gaskets, and possibly oversize pistons. Labor to bore the cylinders is not expensive.

I do not know the 2305. I have posted some of my rebuild projects on TBN.

/ Engine Replacement #5  
I second the OEM JD manual suggestion. They tell you exactly what to do with pictures.

The 2305 motor isn't that difficult to get out as tractor engines go. It has a frame and a drive shaft to the rear hydro. You don't even need splitting stands, just a cherry picker and some jack stands.

/ Engine Replacement #6  
I second the OEM JD manual suggestion. They tell you exactly what to do with pictures.

The 2305 motor isn't that difficult to get out as tractor engines go. It has a frame and a drive shaft to the rear hydro. You don't even need splitting stands, just a cherry picker and some jack stands.
So the 2305 sounds like it is built like the 955. That does make it easier, and more like a car than a traditional tractor. The engine is suspended on rubber engine mounts on a full-length frame.

/ Engine Replacement #7  
I have a 2007 John Deere with the Yanmar 3TNV76 engine. The engine blew, I am guessing the oil pump went on it. There was plenty of oil in the engine. The tractor only has 276 hours on it. I have been quoted $12,000 by the local JD Dealer to replace the engine. I am thinking of having the engine rebuilt. I will have to pull the engine and get it to the rebuild shop. Looking for a step by step guide on pulling the engine. Does anyone know where I can find one?
Sorry to hear about a blown engine with so low of hours on it. It' a smart thing to try to reach 500 or more hours on a new machine within the first 5 years. This way, should anything falter, the powertrain warranty kicks in.

Knowing Deere's use of Yanmar engines, it's always good to research if the engine is limited production or as a wide global production. The 3TNV76 is defined as a,
3 = 3 cylinder
T = inline
NV = family generation and tier emission level
76 = piston size.

If you do a search of use for this engine, it's found in these Yanmar tractors,
GC219
GC222
GC223V
GC322
GC322V

With all that said, this engine has a limited use to locate parts outside of any Deere dealer.

The 3TNV76 was never made as a 3TNE76, 3TNC76, 3TNB76, 3TNA76, nor a 3TN76. It has no prior engine family history, making the 3TNV76 engine very rare. Knowing this, I would of passed on a machine with this engine.

IF you look into re-power engines, chances are a 3TNE78 engine could fit on your machine. The Hp would be a tad better. The 3TNE78 is a very popular engine used in many applications. It has a family generation history too, so parts availability would be greater.

/ Engine Replacement #8  
Sorry to hear about a blown engine with so low of hours on it. It' a smart thing to try to reach 500 or more hours on a new machine within the first 5 years. This way, should anything falter, the powertrain warranty kicks in.

Knowing Deere's use of Yanmar engines, it's always good to research if the engine is limited production or as a wide global production. The 3TNV76 is defined as a,
3 = 3 cylinder
T = inline
NV = family generation and tier emission level
76 = piston size.

If you do a search of use for this engine, it's found in these Yanmar tractors,
GC219
GC222
GC223V
GC322
GC322V

With all that said, this engine has a limited use to locate parts outside of any Deere dealer.

The 3TNV76 was never made as a 3TNE76, 3TNC76, 3TNB76, 3TNA76, nor a 3TN76. It has no prior engine family history, making the 3TNV76 engine very rare. Knowing this, I would of passed on a machine with this engine.

IF you look into re-power engines, chances are a 3TNE78 engine could fit on your machine. The Hp would be a tad better. The 3TNE78 is a very popular engine used in many applications. It has a family generation history too, so parts availability would be greater.
If he's asking how to step by step remove it, probably a waste of time. I just took a Cummins out of a Dodge to put rings in it and lap the valves a little. Fella had a chip in it and it broke all the top rings into short pieces. It broke the second ring on one piston and then he had a miss. I never had any kind of book, I just did it, ran good.

/ Engine Replacement #9  
If he's asking how to step by step remove it, probably a waste of time. I just took a Cummins out of a Dodge to put rings in it and lap the valves a little. Fella had a chip in it and it broke all the top rings into short pieces. It broke the second ring on one piston and then he had a miss. I never had any kind of book, I just did it, ran good.
A Cummins would be 3X the size of his little 3 cylinder Yanmar engine in the compact John Deere.