Engine Replacement

/ Engine Replacement #11  
How did the engine blow? Did it window the block? Lock up? Eat some bearings?

/ Engine Replacement
I have a 2007 John Deere with the Yanmar 3TNV76 engine. The engine blew, I am guessing the oil pump went on it. There was plenty of oil in the engine. The tractor only has 276 hours on it. I have been quoted $12,000 by the local JD Dealer to replace the engine. I am thinking of having the engine rebuilt. I will have to pull the engine and get it to the rebuild shop. Looking for a step by step guide on pulling the engine. Does anyone know where I can find one?
Thanks to everyone for taking time to reply. I will look for the JD OEM manual. I have pulled a few car engines, just did not want to assume a tractor engine would be the same. Be well, be free, be happy.....

/ Engine Replacement #13  
The Yanmar engines are used in the ThermoKing and Carrier truck refrigeration units. And yes, they will have different model numbers, but Yanmar does not change the internal parts for different product manufactures.

I worked at ThermoKing plant in MPLS and have some knowledge of how the engines were specified.

If you have a ThermoKing or Carrier dealer near you, you might want to check on their parts prices.

You did say if the block is OK or not.

Richard