Ethanol Free Fuel gets Reprieve

/ Ethanol Free Fuel gets Reprieve
^^^I should have thought of that...

/ Ethanol Free Fuel gets Reprieve #102  
99a7244291670fb7644a30f859b59eeb.jpg

/ Ethanol Free Fuel gets Reprieve #103  
Well, now, airline jet engines don't use gas or ethanol anyway. Kind of a ridiculous assertion. But, in the EAA community, there are many that are using E85 capable engines or going to them. For several reasons... cylinder and head cooling better than av gas for one which can increase compression ratio. And the 100 octane of the E85 can deal with those improved compression ratios. A very quick and easy search and there are many articles on folks doing it.

/ Ethanol Free Fuel gets Reprieve #104  
Well, now, airline jet engines don't use gas or ethanol anyway. Kind of a ridiculous assertion. But, in the EAA community, there are many that are using E85 capable engines or going to them. For several reasons... cylinder and head cooling better than av gas for one which can increase compression ratio. And the 100 octane of the E85 can deal with those improved compression ratios. A very quick and easy search and there are many articles on folks doing it.

Aviation engines aren't so concerned about low compression rings for sake of increased CAFE fuel economy but also allow increased blow-by that in turn allows oil dilution and increased wear as automotive applications.

/ Ethanol Free Fuel gets Reprieve #105  
Not sure that oil dilution (or rather.. fuel dilution) is that big of a problem even with ethanol. I have run samples on oils running over 6000 miles in engines (2010 and newer) running E15 to E85 and fuel dilution has never shown up. I suppose it could, but it hasn't.

And wear using E85 hasn't shown up either. Actually, some engines look pretty clean compared to straight gasoline use.

Engine wear and E85 - Team Camaro Tech

/ Ethanol Free Fuel gets Reprieve #106  
We will see what happens after Jan. 20th with new Bureaucrats.
My guess is you will see all bio fuels go away. ***** will pull the government subsidies.

/ Ethanol Free Fuel gets Reprieve #107  
If he can find them. Ethanol subsidies were eliminated in 2011. Kinda hard to pull a subsidy that doesn't exist. The only thing that is remotely a subsidy is there was some money thrown out there for retailers to upgrade some of their pumps to allow for multi blends of ethanol/gasoline. But that has nothing to do with the farmers or ethanol producers.

But how short people's memories are. When DT was campaigning in Iowa, he came out and said how he loved ethanol and he beat on Ted Cruz for not coming out for ethanol. One of the biggest news cycles during the Iowa caucus was how DT supported ethanol and TC did not support subsidies or mandates. And guess what.. Iowa overwhelmingly supported.... now wait for it..... Ted Cruz! The rest of the country fumbled the ball. Gee, Thanks Guys. The old saying still holds true... be careful what you wish for.