European Three Point Hitch 3PH?

/ European Three Point Hitch 3PH? #1  

npalen

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015
Photo is taken from the timeline at 3:45 of the above video. It caught my eye having seen nothing like it previously. Is it made to handle CAT1 and CAT2 or is the idea to not allow any side sway?

Attachments

• 3PH-EUROPEAN.JPG
    3PH-EUROPEAN.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 193
   / European Three Point Hitch 3PH? #2  
That's another characteristic of the specialized tractors for orchards and vineyards. It goes along with all the other stuff we discussed on another thread that got closed.

Some of them are so narrow, that there is absolutely no room for stabilizers. So they came up with that design. Some are like the ones you showed, with no side play. While other actually have hydraulic stabilizers incorporated in the rear end housing, a more expensive solution usually available on higher end tractors. As you mentioned, it also gives the ability to use Cat 1 or Cat 2 implements. Top and Tilt setups are also a common feature on these tractors.

European brands like Same, Deutz, Antonio Carraro, Lamborghini, etc, will offer models with this style of 3 pt hitch.

With that fixed design, there is no need to have side play because of the way the arms are built and come out of the tractor in a straight line. While on the common 3 pt setup, it needs side sway to accommodate for an imperfect linkage movement going up and down cause by the bent design of the arms.

3540-e83a6e9014559467d67d55c3f7dd8ab9-2862224-6vb.jpg

/ European Three Point Hitch 3PH? #3  
I worked in agriculture in E. Europe for many years. Excluding the big countries like France, Ukraine, Russia.... most countries in Europe are 1 / 100th the land size of the USA!

So with so many borders / so many different (non standard sized equipment) evolved from lots of little manufacturers within borders of these little countries. More standard now with the EU and freer trade. Different from our standards of Cat. 1 or 2 or 3 shared across our huge market.

Also farms correspondingly smaller as well.

So lots of different stuff, non standard sizes, smaller scale with people having 1 tractor needing to do lots of different stuff (versus huge land and specialized equipment) that Americans have.

Changing more now with free trade being much more common.

/ European Three Point Hitch 3PH?
That's another characteristic of the specialized tractors for orchards and vineyards. It goes along with all the other stuff we discussed on another thread that got closed.

Some of them are so narrow, that there is absolutely no room for stabilizers. So they came up with that design. Some are like the ones you showed, with no side play. While other actually have hydraulic stabilizers incorporated in the rear end housing, a more expensive solution usually available on higher end tractors. As you mentioned, it also gives the ability to use Cat 1 or Cat 2 implements. Top and Tilt setups are also a common feature on these tractors.

European brands like Same, Deutz, Antonio Carraro, Lamborghini, etc, will offer models with this style of 3 pt hitch.

With that fixed design, there is no need to have side play because of the way the arms are built and come out of the tractor in a straight line. While on the common 3 pt setup, it needs side sway to accommodate for an imperfect linkage movement going up and down cause by the bent design of the arms.

Thanks for the feedback from across the pond! I'm trying to visualize the "imperfect" component of the conventional 3PH. I can see it if the front pivot point of the side stabilizers isn't in line with the front pivot of the lower arms.

/ European Three Point Hitch 3PH? #6  
Thanks for the feedback from across the pond! I'm trying to visualize the "imperfect" component of the conventional 3PH. I can see it if the front pivot point of the side stabilizers isn't in line with the front pivot of the lower arms.
Yes, I should I added that part. Usually the pivot point of the lift arms and the pivot of the stabilizers is not actually in line, so it can cause binding if the stabilizers are adjusted too tight and there is no side play.

/ European Three Point Hitch 3PH? #7  
bonjour.

des stabilisateurs interieur.

stabilisateur goldoni relevage .jpg

InkedDSCF3673_LIatache tire bras hidolyque 1.jpg
c’une autre solution stabilisateur .
a+
alland

/ European Three Point Hitch 3PH?

hydraulic stabilizers incorporated in the rear end housing

Would you happen to have any pics or links showing the hydraulic stabilizers? I've not seen this but its an interesting concept and the ability to control the lift links laterally with optional float capability would seem to have merit.

/ European Three Point Hitch 3PH? #9  
hydraulic stabilizers incorporated in the rear end housing

Would you happen to have any pics or links showing the hydraulic stabilizers? I've not seen this but its an interesting concept and the ability to control the lift links laterally with optional float capability would seem to have merit.
Absolutely. You can check this video. The 3 pt is covered at 1:30 mark. EDIT: Forgot the link:

I marked on the screenshot. You can see the two cylinders, that actually push on a plate. And in the middle, there is a valve, I would say it's a flow divider valve, so it pushes both sides equally.

hydraulic stabilizer.jpg

Last edited:
   / European Three Point Hitch 3PH? #10  
Hey npalen,

I was checking the Facebook page of a local(-ish) dealer that sells Kubota and Fendt tractors and just so happen that they had a close up picture of this hydraulic stabilizer system. I believe it's on a Kubota M5 Narrow series.

It's possible to see the two small hydraulic cylinders (red circles) that push on a vertical plate (yellow circle) that contacts the lift arms in the entire vertical motion of the 3pt, from down low up to max height.

Also, looks like there is a pull cable (blue circle) that actuates on a mechanism to release the pin of the drawbar so it can be moved in and out or completely removed. The space is so tight on these Narrow tractors that they have to come with all sorts of cool stuff to make it easier to use.

I also dug a bit more on the hydraulic stabilizers and found a catalogue from Walterschied with some very cool stuff. Things like hydraulic top links with integrated shock absorber, hydraulic stabilizers for conventional tractors with a clever electronic system to compensate for tractor sliding sideways on hills during mowing or stuff like that. I know you also like these sort of stuff.

Here is the link for the catalogue: https://www.walterscheid-group.com/wp-content/uploads/WAL-01-GB-0819_PDF.pdf

146981664_463344924822792_3569889159723398415_n_marked.jpg

Last edited: