Ever used an earth beaver?

/ Ever used an earth beaver? #1  

tallfreak

Bronze Member
Tractor
na
I was looking for stump buckets on Facebook and came across someone selling these. It looks interesting. It looks like it would cut through roots really well. That cross bar in the front has a knife edge. It would be nice if it had a bottom to it for light trenching/dirt moving but that would be easy enough to add. He is asking $425 so much less than the website below.

I really wanted the titan light duty stump bucket but they have been on backorder a while now. I might wait since I dont need it right away.

/ Ever used an earth beaver? #2  
One look at the hooks on that guy makes me want to add something like that to my stump bucket for cutting roots. IMO The Beaver's parallel sides will enhance digging/plunging depth for weight/hp/traction available. (vs the wedge shape of many/my stump buckets) btw, mine doesn't hold much more than 1/4 yd of dirt/gravel/pea-rock when cut from a loose pile, so not much lost there esp with SSQA anyway.

For <$500 I'd be flashin' cash for that guy before someone else did. From years with a decent stump bucket I'd rather have a better root digger/cutter and IMO o'all stumper.

/ Ever used an earth beaver?
He is a dealer selling new ones so no big rush for them. Its simple enough I might make my own. Having a friend with a cnc plasma is nice. I have a piece of 1/2" plate lying around I have been looking for a good use.

/ Ever used an earth beaver?
Nobody else has anything to say? I thought for sure someone on here had used one before.

/ Ever used an earth beaver? #5  
I traded for one of these about a month ago, and I really like it.
I have a small RK24 tractor, and trying to dig back straight into about a 4ft deep bank of red clay ground was a job with the bucket (even with added weight and bucket teeth).

With this thing though, I could ram it straight into the ground and break up the dirt pretty easily, and then go back to the bucket for removal.

I got more done in one day, going back and forth between the 2 FEL attachments, than I got done in a week without it.

The only thing that I DON'T like about it is that top guard piece welded onto the main plate.
It is in my direct line of site and keeps me from being able to actually SEE the front of the earth beaver blades (or teeth whatever you want to call them) as I was using the attachment horizontally.

I felt like I was just mostly guessing exactly where I was plunging in.

That wasn't so bad for what I was doing, but I would still rather be able to see.

I plan on cutting that top part off when I can.