Everything Attachments Box Blade Review

/ Everything Attachments Box Blade Review #41  
do you buy a tractor to look at it or do you buy it to work it.

you're fairly new here so I'll take your comment with a sense of humor
My suggestion is that looking down on folks because they care to take better cosmetic care of their equipment than you do isn't warranted here.
Please remember the overwhelming majority of folks on this forum are not professional farmers, land clearers or earthmovers.
Most of us are hobby farmers or landowners, many of us retired. We are out here to have fun.

Most of us don't use equipment hard enough to thin down metal, in your words.
And I honestly think that most of us would not expect paint on our implements to come off all by itself
within a few years.

Of course paint will come off if you whack into something. No one here was suggesting it wouldn't.
What bothered some of us is fairly new equipment with manufacturing paint fails. The standard of quality for implement painting has been really poor for a long time. Not for pro ag equipment, but for the TSC and AgriSupply stuff most of us buy.

I shed all my equipment, but it's an open shed. All of the TSC and EA equipment has ratty yellow paint. Most of the Bush Hog and Land Pride
implements paint have held up much better. Higher price point equipment, builder took time and expense to do it right.

No one buys a tractor here to look at. But after spending fifty grand on a tractor, many of us want to keep it looking nice, that same way we do our homes and vehicles. Keeping implements looking nice is tougher, but after spending 3500 bucks on a small disc harrow from Land Pride, which I have to leave outside, I'm sure not going to let anything but the discs rust. Doesn't matter what I paid for it though, not going to let steel rust outside. That's what a variety of waxy sprays are for. But will the scratch bother me? No. Badge of Honor. Will the paint getting big rust spots on flat surface areas bother me? You bet.

And that's why I have a row of beige, orange, red and green paint rattle cans. Because stuff happens.
But I want to be the one to knock the paint off my expensive implements, I don't want it to fall off all by itself in three years.

Otherwise when EA sets their mind to making a first class implement, copying the good designs just like the Chinese do, they do a fine job, my
Extreme rake and blade are excellent tools. I'm old fashioned and like to see American flags on my equipment. But it bothers me seeing a third world paint job on a US made tool. I also know a state of the art paint booth today is seriously expensive, and as has been stated, so is the paint.

Rust is like a termite. Sooner or later it will ruin your day. All I want is a paint job that will prevent rust, not look nice for a parade.
I'm in a coastal damp climate and equipment rusts very quickly outside. Others may not have that problem.

I agree with you.

The paint they manufacture these days is No more than a colored water.
The Gooberment has regulated every good ingredient out of it.

I to like and seek out American made but the Chinese, Koreans and any other over seas company's can use real paint that holds up better and that puts the US manufactures at a disadvantage when it comes to Paint and coatings.

I grew up a Paint Contractors son and personally have watched metal paints get worst over the years with water base primer and water base over coat when foreign country's can still use real Oil Base primers and Paint.

I work in the steel industry and the new so called primer just peals right of no matter how well you prep the steel.

/ Everything Attachments Box Blade Review #42  
do you buy a tractor to look at it or do you buy it to work it.

you're fairly new here so I'll take your comment with a sense of humor
My suggestion is that looking down on folks because they care to take better cosmetic care of their equipment than you do isn't warranted here.
Please remember the overwhelming majority of folks on this forum are not professional farmers, land clearers or earthmovers.
Most of us are hobby farmers or landowners, many of us retired. We are out here to have fun.

Most of us don't use equipment hard enough to thin down metal, in your words.
And I honestly think that most of us would not expect paint on our implements to come off all by itself
within a few years.

Of course paint will come off if you whack into something. No one here was suggesting it wouldn't.
What bothered some of us is fairly new equipment with manufacturing paint fails. The standard of quality for implement painting has been really poor for a long time. Not for pro ag equipment, but for the TSC and AgriSupply stuff most of us buy.

I shed all my equipment, but it's an open shed. All of the TSC and EA equipment has ratty yellow paint. Most of the Bush Hog and Land Pride
implements paint have held up much better. Higher price point equipment, builder took time and expense to do it right.

No one buys a tractor here to look at. But after spending fifty grand on a tractor, many of us want to keep it looking nice, that same way we do our homes and vehicles. Keeping implements looking nice is tougher, but after spending 3500 bucks on a small disc harrow from Land Pride, which I have to leave outside, I'm sure not going to let anything but the discs rust. Doesn't matter what I paid for it though, not going to let steel rust outside. That's what a variety of waxy sprays are for. But will the scratch bother me? No. Badge of Honor. Will the paint getting big rust spots on flat surface areas bother me? You bet.

And that's why I have a row of beige, orange, red and green paint rattle cans. Because stuff happens.
But I want to be the one to knock the paint off my expensive implements, I don't want it to fall off all by itself in three years.

Otherwise when EA sets their mind to making a first class implement, copying the good designs just like the Chinese do, they do a fine job, my
Extreme rake and blade are excellent tools. I'm old fashioned and like to see American flags on my equipment. But it bothers me seeing a third world paint job on a US made tool. I also know a state of the art paint booth today is seriously expensive, and as has been stated, so is the paint.

Rust is like a termite. Sooner or later it will ruin your day. All I want is a paint job that will prevent rust, not look nice for a parade.
I'm in a coastal damp climate and equipment rusts very quickly outside. Others may not have that problem.

SUPERB RESPONSE !!!!

/ Everything Attachments Box Blade Review #43  
I agree with you.

The paint they manufacture these days is No more than a colored water.
The Gooberment has regulated every good ingredient out of it.

I to like and seek out American made but the Chinese, Koreans and any other over seas company's can use real paint that holds up better and that puts the US manufactures at a disadvantage when it comes to Paint and coatings.

I grew up a Paint Contractors son and personally have watched metal paints get worst over the years with water base primer and water base over coat when foreign country's can still use real Oil Base primers and Paint.

I work in the steel industry and the new so called primer just peals right of no matter how well you prep the steel.

Powder coating/electrostatic, and two part epoxy are two excellent coatings.
That said: "CAT" paint (Sherwin Williams?) is very good, and that may even be what EA uses.
The real issue is: They need to apply SOME paint!
More than just the cheapest possible thin coat"!

I keep EVERYTHING in two totally enclosed buildings!

/ Everything Attachments Box Blade Review #44  
SUPERB RESPONSE !!!!

thanks, I had someone else write it for me...:D

ok, now there is for sure some mold on this paint, but at least half of the rust is from within, meaning nothing wacked the
paint off exposing bare metal. 3 years old.
Actually if I powerwashed it clean it would look worse.
But am I losing sleep because it looks like this?
No...
nice thick steel on this EA tool. Not going to bend it with my tractors.

Attachments

• IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 96
   / Everything Attachments Box Blade Review #45  
I wanted an EA blade but this thread is pushing me towards a LandPride. Paint shouldn’t come off from lack of use.

/ Everything Attachments Box Blade Review #46  
As much as I don’t care for EA’s marketing campaign on here, I see them as a top notch company with excellent customer service.

It certainly appears their paint is inferior and may not hold up nearly as well as other higher quality paints meant for rugged heavy equipment use.

I would imagine that once they see this thread, and realize there is a problem (maybe they don’t even know it yet) they will consider improving their product by changing the paint procedures they use in their manufacturing process.

Although the more reputable and longer lasting implement companies do use better paint and also have higher costs, I can’t imagine that the higher costs are only attributed to better paint. I’m sure EA could up their game regarding paint/primer and still come in at cheaper prices.

/ Everything Attachments Box Blade Review #47  
Funny, I have a Landpride 35 series rear blade. There’s hardly any paint left on it. It’s a rust bucket. I was wire brushing it and spraying it with a rattle can yesterday. So I doubt their paint is any better, plus their cost is almost twice as much. As far as Everything Attachment advertising here, what’s wrong with that? They are a sponsor. Plus they offer great advice, respond quickly to questions, have great educational videos, and offer the best implements for a great value. I appreciate their involvement. I’ve learned a lot from them over the years. As far as paint, my opinion is it really doesn’t matter. None of my implements, Land Pride, Woods, Leinbach, Brillion, Truax, etc. nor my various trailers, have decent paint. They all look like crap after use and weather. But they work, and from what I’ve seen, EA attachments are far superior in design, quality, and value than the above brands.

/ Everything Attachments Box Blade Review #48  
Funny, I have a Landpride 35 series rear blade. There’s hardly any paint left on it. It’s a rust bucket. I was wire brushing it and spraying it with a rattle can yesterday. So I doubt their paint is any better, plus their cost is almost twice as much. As far as Everything Attachment advertising here, what’s wrong with that? They are a sponsor. Plus they offer great advice, respond quickly to questions, have great educational videos, and offer the best implements for a great value. I appreciate their involvement. I’ve learned a lot from them over the years. As far as paint, my opinion is it really doesn’t matter. None of my implements, Land Pride, Woods, Leinbach, Brillion, Truax, etc. nor my various trailers, have decent paint. They all look like crap after use and weather. But they work, and from what I’ve seen, EA attachments are far superior in design, quality, and value than the above brands.

I don't dispute your comments one bit about the overall quality/durability of EA implements.
I do dispute your references to paint issues though.
Take a look sometime at Caterpillar products.
They use "CAT" yellow,(by Sherwin Williams ?), and they use PLENTY of paint.
CAT equipment does not rust for a long time, unless the paint is chipped, or worn off.
EA uses a very thin coat of whatever brand, and rust may begin even before delivery (mine did).
The EA paint issue seems to be primarily with the AMOUNT (or lack thereof) of paint applied.