Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs

/ Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs #11  
Pivot pin is an almost useless spec. The pivot pin is the pin to the bucket (if a pin in bucket) from the loader arm (typically the bottom 2 pins) the point of the hinge for the attachment.
I say this is a useless spec as most loaders now and gave for several years came with some type of quick attachment system—the most popular probably being the SSQA, which moves the load even further from this pivot oin point.
A more useful spec is the 50mm in front of the pivot pin. This is just over 19.5 inches often rounded to 20”. It is often near the front/cutting edge of the bucket. But still this is a limited usefulness spec as if you put a set of pallet forks on, this tells you little. Additionally, if using a bucket, you have material from the back wall to the cutting edge, so you can lift more weight than that spec but less than the pivot pin spec.
Additionally engine rpm will effect the flow rate of hydraulic fluid and thus to some extent your lift capacity.

Last edited:
   / Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs #12  
5mm is a long ways from 19.5" Hydraulic flow has nothing to do with lift capacity, hydraulic pressure has everything to do with it.

From a practical standpoint lift at the pins is not a user friendly spec.
From a comparative standpoint it is the easiest, most consistent and reliable indicator of loader capacity using only components that are standard equipment on every FEL built regardless of brand or model. That's why we will continue to see it as frequently as we do. It's nearly useless in determining the capacity of a particular loader but invaluable when comparing between loader models.

Last edited:
   / Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs #13  
5mm is a long ways from 19.5" Hydraulic flow has nothing to do with lift capacity, hydraulic pressure has everything to do with it.

From a practical standpoint lift at the pins is not a user friendly spec.
From a comparative standpoint it is the easiest, most consistent and reliable indicator of loader capacity using only components that are standard equipment on every FEL built regardless of brand or model. That's why we will continue to see it as frequently as we do. It's nearly useless in determining the capacity of a particular loader but invaluable when comparing between loader models.

Sorry dropped the zero,should be 50mm as most recognize, but if possible I will edit for you!
I will give you that pivot pin spec is useful in comparing between loaders via my statement ‘almost’ useless. The remainder of my rant stands as ranted! It tells you nothing about the loader.
And I disagree on flow having no effect on lift capacity! Static pressure remains in a constant state. Flow is what generates work from the pressure. While it takes both pressure and flow to generate action, you affect flow with ‘operating’ rpm’s much more do that the pressure. Pressure is created more from restriction if flow that rpm’s. While you can change that restriction, it requires action that is not going to happen from the operators seat.

Last edited:
   / Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs #14  
Sorry dropped the zero,should be 50mm as most recognize, but if possible I will edit for you!
Nope, it really should be 500 mm. :)

/ Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs #16  
Ok unlike you I’m human!
I'm not going to attempt to teach you hydraulics beyond this nugget. Any flow rate above zero will provide exactly the same force at a given pressure. Increasing pressure at a given flow will increase force at linear rate.

Last edited:
   / Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs #17  
Check me Rick 😆
But flow does change things when dealing with hyd motors and available HP.

/ Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs #18  
Check me Rick 😆
But flow does change things when dealing with hyd motors and available HP.
We're not discussing hydraulic motors or HP. If we were you would be correct and my comments would have been very different. Horsepower is a function of pressure (torque) and flow (speed) when rating or sizing hydraulic motors. Loader lift capacity specs don't take speed (a function of flow) into account.

/ Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs #19  
Difference in capacity verses high and lift point:

And, the need for proper ballast:

/ Explanation of Kubota LA1353 loader specs #20  
I'm not going to attempt to teach you hydraulics beyond this nugget. Any flow rate above zero will provide exactly the same force at a given pressure. Increasing pressure at a given flow will increase force at linear rate.

But happen at a snails pace! Try to put it claim to work in the real world nit to slide ruler dreams.
At idle lift that load near max capacity. Then lift it at 540 pto rpm where everything is rated at. Bet you get very different results. Are you man enough to let life meet the road?
Will you admit the difference? I have a prediction!