Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review

/ Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review #11  
I really like mine on my 2015 Silverado too. My only issue is in the winter when we get a lot of freezing rain. Sometimes the rearmost panel will freeze to the tailgate making it impossible to open the back of the truck. I致e had to melt it with hot water. Frank
WD-40 works real good as a preventive to that happening. I'd soak a paper towel with that stuff, run it on the bed wall tops and the top of the tailgate...keeps the cover from sticking to it.

/ Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review #12  
I had the earlier aluminum model. The wind once caught it when I had it folded and forgot to tie it down. It was never the same after that and I repaired it several times with silicone. Finally it suffered hail damage and the insurance company replaced it, I got the old one back and sold it (score). The new one is plastic which I like a bit better, BUT, I put dents in it from not having the spring loaded handles tucked away, before I folded it up.

I really think this is about the best option for a cover. So, simple and easy to take on and off, plus you can often take it off and store it along your load in the bed. Try that with a clamshell.

/ Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review #13  
A few weeks ago we got a Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover for our 2019 ranger. I finally got it on this week and really liked it so far. Nor sure its 100% waterproof (its not) but wedo hope to keep the snow out and a percent of rain. The little levers in the back you flip and unlock it so one can fully open it quite easily. Sorry the photos are poor, it started to snow here today! :D

My cover had a leak in the front two corners.. After tightening the clamps some more, no more leaks.

/ Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review #14  
As I posted, I like the Extang, but a little maintenance is definitely needed, and part of it is what you just found, those front corners need to be properly tightened, if you over torque you bow the cover if you under torque you have a good chance of it leaking and or moving forward, a buddy was plowing snow, hit a bank a little to hard, the next think he knew snow was coming in from the rear, the cover smashed the rear window - he hadn't checked the cover for two years - he had meant to as he was noticing the front bed area had more water than normal after a high pressure wash. I check them every three of four months, not a big issue but something to remember, in his case the "extra water" was definitely giving him a hint!!!!

/ Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review
Ford put some grooves on the beds top edges on all sides, only exception being across the front. So with all all those little groves, its hard to see how ours can be waterproof and I don't care if its 100% anyway. If it keeps most of it out, were happy.

We have very much liked this cover so far.

/ Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review
More of a Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review. Being more than 1/2 through the winter here, we have liked it more. Do not plan to get a topper in the spring. Yes it gets shoveled off before a foot of snow falls on it.

Attachments

• P1030478.jpg
    P1030478.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 94
  • P1030476.jpg
    P1030476.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 87
   / Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review #17  
Maybe I said this already, my trifecta started pulling up on the corners. I went to their web page to see if I could order a new cover, and saw it had a lifetime warranty. So I called them, they had me email them pictures. They replaced the whole cover, over 10 yrs old, on warranty.
Old:
IMG_2439.JPG
New:
IMG_2769.JPG

I love this cover.

/ Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review #18  
Glad you’re liking it. I’m on my 2nd after they replaced my first six year old Trifecta due to a tiny pinhole that developed at a bend point, like the size of a pencil lead. I contacted them just to find out what to use to fill the pinhole and ended up with a new cover free of charge. Four years on the new one and going strong. I had camper shells for twenty six years on three earlier trucks and I’ve gotta say I really prefer the Trifecta. Great product by a great company.

Mine sees tough use. My truck sits outside most of the time in environs ranging from blazing FL sun to ice & snow “crusts” in NW Ontario and I’m impressed with the durability.

/ Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review #19  
I have a fiberglass topper I’d sell real cheap, was on a 6.5 ft bed. I’ll never use one again.

/ Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau bed cover review #20  
I have the Solid Fold version of the cover and I am very happy. It lets some water in the back but my main purpose was to keep the snow out in the winter. I hate having a bed full of snow melting in the garage and I hate shoveling snow out of the back of my truck! It is very secure for storage too.