Extend Wifi 300 Feet?

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet?
That should be the way it works but not always true.

When my internet goes out I cannot connect to any of my wifi cameras even though my home network is okay. BUT I can access them from any other network or cell signal that has an internet connection as long as my home network has internet access. Don't ask me how that is possible but it works. I knew it worked over cellular data but just recently discovered my phone app could get to the cameras on my home network from a distant network.

npalen that little $32 travel router I linked to in post #2 should get you out 300' with no problem. I run my entire home network on one linked to a cellular wifi hotspot device. One of my cameras is 400'+ from the house. If you already have wifi or a wired router either one you can add this router and use it to access wifi devices. The only requirement will be the app has to connect through the same network the sprinkler is on. You can't connect your cell phone to a your regular home network and the sprinkler interface to another. You will have to connect your phone to the new router then connect the sprinkler interface to the new router. This MAY sound like it contradicts my above comments but this is just how it works. Once you get both devices set up at home you can probably access the sprinkler from anywhere with the phone app.

Hope that isn't too confusing. Trust me it is simple to set up.

View attachment 710272
So I would need just the one travel router connected to my home router via ethernet cable? Nothing except the controller wifi at the other end?
I appreciate the feedback!

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #22  
So I would need just the one travel router connected to my home router via ethernet cable? Nothing except the controller wifi at the other end?
I appreciate the feedback!
That should work as long as the travel router has some line of sight to the unit you want to control.

Mine isn't totally direct. I have it sitting in a bedroom window sill on the north side of the house and the gate camera is in front on the west side of my property. I also have cameras connected to it from the front and rear of the house and a wyze cam way out in my barn on the opposite end of the house. The wyze cam is probably 300 ft away and the signal has to pass through all the walls of the house.

You really don't have anything to lose. Buying from Amazon if it doesn't work for you you can return it. Report back how it goes.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet?
That should work as long as the travel router has some line of sight to the unit you want to control.

Mine isn't totally direct. I have it sitting in a bedroom window sill on the north side of the house and the gate camera is in front on the west side of my property. I also have cameras connected to it from the front and rear of the house and a wyze cam way out in my barn on the opposite end of the house. The wyze cam is probably 300 ft away and the signal has to pass through all the walls of the house.

You really don't have anything to lose. Buying from Amazon if it doesn't work for you you can return it. Report back how it goes.
On order.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #24  
   / Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #26  
Just add an outside access point, they easy provide 300 feet addtional connectivity.

I use the UAC-AC-M, not pro model, mounted on the outside of my garage and it easily covers the 300' to my barn. I put another on the barn with LOS to the garage and then ran the ethernet in to act as a bridge to an ethernet switch in the barn connected to some POE cameras. It works great.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet?

I have installed this travel router with the help of TractorGuy. I'm finding that it will transmit at least 300' if line of sight but lose the signal when stepping out of sight.
Wondering what I could install at the garage where I'm wanting to access my wifi for the Rainbird lawn sprinkler controller? Another device mounted to the outside wall of the garage in line of sight? Then would the controller, that is mounted inside the garage, have a chance of picking up the signal?

Edit: I have the model with external antennae.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet?
Had a pleasant surprise this morning when checking wifi reception and picked it up with my phone INSIDE my SIL's garage, where the controller is located. Apparently the travel router gets thru the first wall of the garage but doesn't want to go on thru the garage door (metal?) to the far side where I had been trying to pick it up.
Thanks again for your help!

Edit: The little travel router is placed in the picture window of our house so has line of sight thru some trees to my SIL's house.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #29  
Metal will block the signals. Concrete block and brick same problem. For best application outside you want at least an external antenna attached to any unit. Clear line of site makes a difference when the power output is only 1/4 watt.

/ Extend Wifi 300 Feet? #30  
Ummm... what?
“When my internet goes out”
cannot happen if also
“my home network has internet access”

That should be the way it works but not always true.

When my internet goes out I cannot connect to any of my wifi cameras even though my home network is okay. BUT I can access them from any other network or cell signal that has an internet connection as long as my home network has internet access.