Extendable Links 3 Point?? DK5010

/ Extendable Links 3 Point?? DK5010 #11  

Oh, yea,, I forgot to mention, when that hitch has half as many hours of field work as the arms on my tractor, those hook arms will be either well worn, or replaced.
That looks like an expensive assembly to replace.

I have replaced the ends on the arms of two tractors, they just wear out.

/ Extendable Links 3 Point?? DK5010 #12  
That is good, on your side of the "pond",, and now,,
but,,

40 years ago when my tractor was already a half decade old,, that hitch probably did not exist.
and,,
even now, in the USA,, that hitch does not exist.
This Euro style hitch has been available for a looong time.

And yes, it does exist in the USA. Brian at Fit Rite sells them, he is the one in the post just above yours, and so does Agristore, and I'm sure more places sells those.

About wear, when is that going to happen? After 10,000 hours? Yeah probably. The most wear it will get will be at the ball and on the latch, both of which are readily available at a very low cost.

The latch come as a kit with a couple springs and roll pins. It's very easy to replace, with a simple hammer and a punch to take the roll pin out. A set of balls is like $10 or $12.

Heck, even it does need replacing after 5000 hours or something, it's still cheap considering a lot of the pain that this style takes out of the extendable or fixed links. All you need to do, is set the width of the arms for whatever implement you're using, back up and lift the 3 pt. Not need to lift the arms by hand to align and slide on the pins, or to keep kicking the arms till slides on the pin like the fixed ends or to move the implement around by hand to get it square to the tractor.

/ Extendable Links 3 Point?? DK5010 #13  
This Euro style hitch has been available for a looong time.

And yes, it does exist in the USA. Brian at Fit Rite sells them,

Not need to lift the arms by hand to align and slide on the pins, or to keep kicking the arms till slides on the pin like the fixed ends or to move the implement around by hand to get it square to the tractor.

I basically have a similar hitch on my 4105 JD,, Pat's Quick Hitch.
yes, it is nice.

You still have the multi step need of adjusting the width somehow,,
as well as the time of correctly positioning the tractor,,
I like my extendable arms better than the Pats.

but,, wear,, Hmmmmmmm,, a couple thousand hours pulling a dusty plow will destroy any end.
That type duty will even destroy the top link.

Search for a JD CAT2 top link on eBay,, most of the used ones available need the ball end near the attachment replaced.
The ball is falling out due to wear of dust in the top link end.

But, I agree, 10,000 hours of "Gentleman Operation" of a tractor (mowing, moving hay) will show zero wear on any three point hitch end.

/ Extendable Links 3 Point?? DK5010 #14  
Adjusting the width is easy, all I need to do is take the pin out of the stabilizers, move the arms to the desired width and put the pit back on the stabilizers in the proper hole. Then I simply back up to the implement, if it's out of square, I just push it a little bit with the tractor and then lower the arms, back up a 1" or 2 and lift the arms. Connect the top link and the PTO shaft without getting the frame of one of those Harbor freight quick hitches in the way and I'm done.

Comparing Pats with these Euro hooks? Yeah, no. It's like apples to oranges. Pats lacks the freedom of movement that a ball joint provides and then break bolts or bend stuff because things need to move in all directions and they can't. Plus, it extends like 4" or something, which is actually a big deal as it may require new PTO shafts or PTO shaft extensions which I fully dislike.

There are people on this forum that have used all types of quick hitches and ended up converting to this Euro style.

/ Extendable Links 3 Point?? DK5010 #15  
I am installing the telescoping kitchen arms. It is fairly simple minus one thing. There is one bolt on each pin for the lower arm. This keeps the pivot pin from walking out and rotaing. They will come out but, you will never get them back in. There is not enough clearance with the loader frame installed. I will post pictures later.

/ Extendable Links 3 Point?? DK5010 #16  
I do not know why it put kitchen arms. Should have been three point arms.

/ Extendable Links 3 Point?? DK5010 #17  
Turns out I just needed more patience. Hitchbarms attached and functional