Extended loader control arm

/ Extended loader control arm #1  

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
As the tile says, I was able to extend the stock control handle (6") for the loader valve out to 12". Nothing was available on line except fot all thread rod (plus it was expensive metric stuff), so....
Went to TSC and got 2- 10x1.50 75mm bolts, and a 2' length of 1/2" steel tube. All cost <$10. Cut the heads off the bolts, drilled the tube's 3/8" IS diameter out to 25/32 (which was really easy), slipped the bolts in the ends, a couple of quick tacks with the welder.... Waa-Laaa! Longer control arm. Took me longer to wait for the paint to dry than make the thing!

Went from a 6" arm that I had to lean forward to reach, to a 12" that I can keep my elbow on the armrest of the seat. Much more stable control and my arm doesn't get tired!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 383
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 341
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 322
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 345
   / Extended loader control arm #2  
Looks good. That original one must of been short. I remember my old 1700 had the 2 lever valve up on the loader frame. It was a pretty good reach.

/ Extended loader control arm
Yea, it was pretty short. Even adjusting the mounting arm, it was still a reach. When I checked with the dealer, he said he has had a few complaints about it. The stock arm was only 6" long. LS didn't make a longer arm, even for the larger tractors. They are starting to mount a lot of the controls on the fender now, so I understand that they don't make a longer one. This worked out great, custom made for me!

/ Extended loader control arm #4  
This is how I did mine20160107_180654.jpeg

/ Extended loader control arm
Nice! I like the bend moving it inboard. Fortunately my loader valve is angled towards the operator so a straight rod worked.