F Series Snow Plow

/ F Series Snow Plow #11  
the arms with the half circles cut sit right under where the liftarms on the stationary axle, giving much more support and can handle impacts much better than just fastening to the liftarms. If you ever bend the lftarms which are welded to the axle, you'll have a big problem. If you rig up some hunk of steel that sits on the axle AND fastens to whatever you have been using so far, you'll have a lot more solid mount. Just because you havent damaged the lift arms yet is no guarantee that you wont down the road.

Attachments

• mount on axle.jpg
    mount on axle.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 143
   / F Series Snow Plow
Thanks for the pic. I went out to look my tractor over and I can see now how the quick hitch attaches. Looks like I can just weld some tabs on my plow arms to sit on that axle where the quick hitch would go, and just use the arms for lift. I agree it makes sense to take the strain off the arms, but my main concern is all the implement shock load is still transferred to those same pivoting axles (where the grease zerk is in your pic). I guess it's probably more stout than it looks, with the gussets going back to the main frame/axle, it's all tied together. Now I just need to find the time to build it. Thanks again for the help.

/ F Series Snow Plow #13  
You're welcome. Glad i could help a little.