F-series--transmission reliability

/ F-series--transmission reliability #21  
So if you get an ATS tranny, where do you get warranty service on it?

I actually had an issue right as I was pulling off the repair shop lot with my ATS transmission. Clint Canon, the owner of ATS, shipped a replacement tranny to my local Dodge dealer for them to install. So, to answer your question, I think the answer would be at about any reputable and qualified transmission shop or dealership.

/ F-series--transmission reliability
I actually had an issue right as I was pulling off the repair shop lot with my ATS transmission. Clint Canon, the owner of ATS, shipped a replacement tranny to my local Dodge dealer for them to install. So, to answer your question, I think the answer would be at about any reputable and qualified transmission shop or dealership.

Impressive service from ATS. Thanks for the info.

/ F-series--transmission reliability #23  
We have a Dodge Dakota for a airport truck. Its plain jane long bed 2 wheel drive V6. Anyway the tranny went out on it a month after the warranty went out so we had a Jasper installed. It had a with it a few months after install and we simply took it to the tranny shop and they fixed it. Turned out it was a bad electric valve or something like that. It was a no cost fix for us, Jasper took care of everything. So to answer your question on warranty work most shops work with major component suppliers.

Chris

/ F-series--transmission reliability #24  
Flusher,

I've got a torqueshift in my one ton. It's the one you've seen here before. After I got used to the way it operates and the RPM's that it and the 6.0L put out I was pretty pleased. I was used to my '99 with 6 speed manual so it took a little while to get comfortable with the way it shifted. Anyway, no complants here. I'm not sure of my weight but usually pulls a 20 gooseneck full of some sort of old contankerous animals!

Attachments

• SD530348.jpg
    SD530348.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 81
   / F-series--transmission reliability #25  
   / F-series--transmission reliability #26  
Well, after reading this Owl survives collision with pickup truck Evansville Courier & Press Owl survives collision with pickup truck Evansville Courier & Press[/url] in my local paper, I have to wonder about Ford's radiators. LOL! Can you imagine an F250 hitting an owl, the owl only receiving relatively minor injuries, and the truck requiring a wrecker?! Talk about one tough bird!! :eek:

Ahha! That's why last years Thanksgiving bird was so tough! It was owl!:D

/ F-series--transmission reliability
Flusher,

I've got a torqueshift in my one ton. It's the one you've seen here before. After I got used to the way it operates and the RPM's that it and the 6.0L put out I was pretty pleased. I was used to my '99 with 6 speed manual so it took a little while to get comfortable with the way it shifted. Anyway, no complants here. I'm not sure of my weight but usually pulls a 20 gooseneck full of some sort of old contankerous animals!

Your truck is really neat. Gotta get me one of those.

/ F-series--transmission reliability #28  
Well, after reading this Owl survives collision with pickup truck Evansville Courier & Press Owl survives collision with pickup truck Evansville Courier & Press[/url] in my local paper, I have to wonder about Ford's radiators. LOL! Can you imagine an F250 hitting an owl, the owl only receiving relatively minor injuries, and the truck requiring a wrecker?! Talk about one tough bird!! :eek:

Yes some Ford radiators are a little soft.

A very good friend of mine is a superintendent for a very, very large electrical contracting company here in central Michigan. They work all over the country, lots of highway and airport work. Large projects. They work their vehicles very hard. They all have special trailer hitches installed because the ones you buy from Ford or GM don't have the capacity to haul the excavators and other heavy equipment safely.

When the new Ford F450's came out a couple years ago, they bought 40 of them. This is only a small part of their fleet of trucks. After having them less than 1 year Ford agreed to buy them all back in exchange for not being removed from their approved vendors list for future business.

They had many, many problems that can sometimes be associated with being a new model, but the one thing that they all seemed to have in common was bad radiators. I believe that 38 out of the 40 new trucks had the radiators blow out in the same manner.

No wildlife was injured during these failures:D

/ F-series--transmission reliability #29  
Flusher,

Now that is what a truck is supposed to look like. I love the color it is similar to mine it doesn't show dirt. Now tell me it has rubber floor mats......:D

My dealer had to do a dealer trade with a dealer 400 miles away to get me a one ton diesel truck with an extended cab, 8 foot box and rubber floor mats. Dam city slikers always buy carpet he told me........why would you want that in a truck? I also wanted a manual transmission but he couldn't find one anywhere at the time.

/ F-series--transmission reliability #30  
That's a doosey of a road. Buckhorn pass aint too bad(my cousin owns the old Buckhorn Station; she had the restaurant running there in the 70's early 80's). Once you get past Weaverville though, that is a twisty road! Have not gone far past Weaverville, but my wife did before we met.

Towing his travel trailer home from a jobsite in Willow Creek along Hwy 299 (between Eureka and Redding CA), the transmission crapped out. Total junk. $2800 for a rebuilt unit.