F150 on Moab Jeep trails?

/ F150 on Moab Jeep trails?
I looked up if anybody had been killed on the switchbacks lately. About 4 years ago a Michigan woman lost control of her motorcycle and fell 150 feet and died. That would be a heck of a hike up the switchbacks. A couple of weeks ago when my adult children were here we stopped at Island in the Sky. Heck of a view.

/ F150 on Moab Jeep trails? #32  
..I guess if your a serious off roader it is easy.
LOL! yep. Here are some of the more difficult ones,

This is one of the guys in our group on the obstacle "Upchuck". I went up it with no problem.
20050906 119.jpg

This is me when we were at BFE. Trail is "Heldorado" maybe.
20050906 185.jpg

20050906 189.jpg

The house we are renting is on the hill opposite Hell’s Revenge. We can see people driving on it but even with binoculars not very well. A surprising number of people are on it at night.

/ F150 on Moab Jeep trails? #34  
I looked up if anybody had been killed on the switchbacks lately. About 4 years ago a Michigan woman lost control of her motorcycle and fell 150 feet and died. That would be a heck of a hike up the switchbacks. A couple of weeks ago when my adult children were here we stopped at Island in the Sky. Heck of a view.
We also did the Potash trail when we were out there. It gets really interesting when you meet someone head on. Especially on the narrow upper western end. We had to back up about a quarter mile on one occasion since the other party had the right of way. There isn't much between you and the hereafter on a lot of the trail.

P1030301c.jpg
P1030312b.jpg
P1030315b.jpg

A ranger told me that earlier that month, they had to use a crane to pull a Ford explorer out of a canyon. The driver and passenger were both killed.

It surprises me that there isn't more park regulation as to who and/or what type of vehicle is allowed to use that trail. A gate and a warning sign are all there is.

Those blue potash ponds are a welcome sight when you finally get to the bottom of the trail.

P1030362b.jpg

They weren’t very blue when we drove by them but it started out cloudy. We drove the switchbacks up hill and thankfully didn’t meet anyone. I was a little terrified to be truthful.

/ F150 on Moab Jeep trails? #36  
We had a front wheel drive passenger car in our group on the Moab switch back trails.
1636844419083.png

Most of it you could do in a car but I went over a couple of ledges I wouldn’t have wanted to do in a car.

/ F150 on Moab Jeep trails? #38  
Most of it you could do in a car but I went over a couple of ledges I wouldn’t have wanted to do in a car.
It isn't wet that often out there but when it is, the normally dry stream beds fill and require ground clearance to safely traverse. There are a few on that trail that a car couldn't cross.

/ F150 on Moab Jeep trails? #39  
I was funny because we were in this Jeep Gladiator Rubicon going over all these obstacles with other Jeep’s and trucks and heres this guy and girl (the girl drove) behind our group carefully and slowly crawling along in a Lexus. :LOL:

/ F150 on Moab Jeep trails? #40  
Thanks for all the pictures guys. I think that's enough for me. It's obviously no place for the Taco Wagon. It takes an entire 40 acre corn field go get it turned around in.

Besides - I like the OEM curves and paint job on the Taco Wagon.