F16D Hydraulics

/ F16D Hydraulics #1  

ircked

Tractor
Yanmar F16D
I want to build a log splitter that uses the hydraulics on the tractor, but I need to know the flow and pressure of the hydraulic pump so i can figure out what size cylinder to get. Any body know what the flow rate and max psi the pump generates?

/ F16D Hydraulics
do you know it is under 2500# from experience or a manual? Should I size my cylinder for around 2500#?
thanks for the help

/ F16D Hydraulics #4  
ircked,
Buck, from EFC is a dealer........trust his word /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ F16D Hydraulics #5  
2500# is a good number for your calculations. Base your safety calcs on that number, but expect to actually get about 10 to 20% less usable. You can do several tricks to raise the pressure, but then the flow rate suffers.

/ F16D Hydraulics #6  
Sorry Ircked didn’t check the board yesterday. There are two smaller categories of PSI in the small hydraulics class, 2500PSI and 3000PSI. Your pump is in the under 2500PSI category. In reality it will run between 1800 and 2200 PSI (lots of factors control that). Your pump is most likely running under 4GPM. I know what Yanmars specs say but I have found that they are a baseline at best and in reality are all over the board. For a log splitter it is going to be a tad slow unless that doesn’t matter (nothing good can come from being in the house). Size your system for 2500 PSI and you’ll be fine. Have fun /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

buck

/ F16D Hydraulics
buck,
Thanks very much. You gave me just what I needed to know. This really nice to be able to get information like this. thanks again