F3080 MOWING ON HILLSIDE VIDEO

/ F3080 MOWING ON HILLSIDE VIDEO
That's to help you stop, John....:D

A couple of years ago I'd bought a new truck. Concrete drive to blacktop street left a couple of inches drop sooooo I bought a bag or 2 of blacktop patch and drove the new truck down, roured the blacktop patch on the edge and was going back up to the house. Decided I needed to drive over the patch a few times to pack it down. So back and forth a few times and WHAM!!!:eek::confused::eek: Guess I'd backed into that aforementioned telephone pole.:ashamed: Anyway, damage done so hoped bumper absorbed the shock. Well bumper would have absorbed the shock if it had been the object that hit the pole buuuuut it wasn't the bumper, it was the tailgate which did absorb the shock/impact but with a depression where it had been flat across the top of the tailgate before I started the project but with a swag in the top of the tailgate after the project was finished. :) Smile now because ethe truck is long gone but did give me a reason to buy some body work tools to try and pull that dent back out which I did to some extent but still visible. Live and learn or dent and learn.:D

/ F3080 MOWING ON HILLSIDE VIDEO #12  
Hi John, In the video what shade canopy do you have ? is it fiberglass and sold by Kubota. I just had a 3680 delivered last night and it got a little hot in the sun while mowing. what canopy would you guys recommend.

Karl

Hi John, In the video what shade canopy do you have ? is it fiberglass and sold by Kubota. I just had a 3680 delivered last night and it got a little hot in the sun while mowing. what canopy would you guys recommend.

Karl
It's fiberglas, bought from Barlows the Kubota dealer here in Somerset that sells all over US and it was around $350. This is the one I buy for all of my tractors/mowers that get much sun exposure to protect my head.:D

/ F3080 MOWING ON HILLSIDE VIDEO #14  
Karl, glad to hear from another F owner. What deck and size? Any options like the snow blower? There have been several threads on the virtues of the F series ( and other front mount mowers).
I have aluminum canopies on two tractors (non Kubota) which are nice when the sun is overhead , latter in the day it will get you.
Welcome to the forum. We need more help converting/convincing others of the benefits of the mighty F3680 and it's lessor brothers (sorry J.T.).

/ F3080 MOWING ON HILLSIDE VIDEO #15  
TailDragon, I got the kubota 72" deck with side discharge. no other options. I am still learning about it ,just got it on 7/26/13. so far I am impressed with its ability to get into and around objects that I had to by hand (trimmer). The other small thing is the lack of noise like my Gravely G-24 with a 72" deck, that thing requires hearing protection. what brand are your canopies and how do you like them.

Karl

Welcome Karl.:thumbsup:
Having an issue with my "Little" F and the rear tires not always turning with the steering wheel. Can you please sort of be on the look out with yours to see if it ever does the same thing. When you wildly steer in one direction and throttle it and it doesn't go the direction you thought it should. I'll attach the other thread so you can read it up to this point .F3080 wheels don't turn with steering wheel....sometimes. Anyone else??? - Page 3
You've entered a new world of mowing which I'm convinced you'll appreciate.

To help a flat lander see the value of 4wd.:)

Degree of slope for a Z crabbing the hillside. Pucker increases if water at the bottom.
Trees also influence the pucker factor. :D