/ F3690 vs Toro GM360 4WD #1  

Flanker978

Tractor
Toro GM 360, Toro GM4000d
Hi Guys, New here and after a hand on mower choices.
I live in New South Wales, Australia, on a 10-acre block. We mow a 2-acre well-watered lawn that extends onto a steep river bank as well as around 6 acre of paddock.
The 6 acre paddock is open and flat apart from some drains at the front. I am using an aged Toro 4000d (10'6 Deck) for the paddock and a Toro GM360 with a 72in deck for the lawn and river bank.
Both machines are getting up there in hours, and with no local dealer, reliability and maintenance are issues.
As such, I wonder if I can replace both machines with a Kubota F3690 with a 72 in deck. Obviously will lose a bit of efficiency over the 4000d.
A few questions I hope someone may be able to help with:
-F3690 vs GM 360 on Steep slopes
-Anyone running a catcher on an F series?
- They look like a permanent fixture
- Can you remove the hose and refit the side shute (ie- mow without catching?)
- How much does the catcher affect the stability and traction on slopes

As it stands, I could sell both Toros and buy a new 3690 with catcher and have change.

Interested in your thoughts.

Thanks

/ F3690 vs Toro GM360 4WD #2  
Sorry can't help with Toro, but do you really want to mess with a catcher?

We've been running a Grasshopper 721D with a 61" mulcher deck since 2003 and Kubota F3060 with a 72" RD deck as a second mower for the little rougher areas for the past 3 - 4 years and never pick up clippings.

The "hopper" does an excellent job in mulching and you can hardly see any clippings after normal mowing, but it is noticeable how much power is needed in little taller grass!
I know there are members here who know a lot about those type Toro mower - hopefully they will chime in!

PS.
I use a flail mower (side slicer flails) for the pasture areas.

/ F3690 vs Toro GM360 4WD
We have a buffalo (or St Augustine) lawn. It get very thatched very quickly without catching.

/ F3690 vs Toro GM360 4WD #4  
We have a buffalo (or St Augustine) lawn. It get very thatched very quickly without catching.

Is a Kubota F3690 the model of a new mower over there ?

Here in USA the new F3710 replaced the older F3990.

I too mow very steep banks here on my farm currently with a ZD1511 ONLY when bone dry.