F725 governor Kawasaki 590V

/ F725 governor Kawasaki 590V #1  

dvan1966

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B6200DT
I had to replace the leaking fuel pump this spring. Then when I started mowing after about 20 minutes, it would die. Ended up being debris in the carburetor.
While I was at it, I put the tack on it to see how it was running
when mowing. 3600 rpm not mowing. When I’d start mowing and hit some heavy grass, it would drop down to around 3100.
I have the service manual for that engine, so I went through and reset the throttle cable, choke and governor. Now it’s like the governor isn’t working I can start it up at idle and as soon as I barely move the throttle it revs up to over 4K. Acts like there’s not even a governor.
I’ve checked and double checked the governor settings, and they’re correct . According,to the service manual, loosen the nut on the governor arm, rotated clockwise as far as it’ll go, which it hits the carburetor and then rotate the shaft clockwise as far as it’ll go, tighten nut.

/ F725 governor Kawasaki 590V #2  
I hear you. I have had trouble in the past with setting the governor.

Maybe you lost a spring somewhere or maybe something got moved around during the process of replacing the pump.

Carefully check to see if all the components are there and in the right place.

Richard

/ F725 governor Kawasaki 590V
I was using the JD service manual for the Kawasaki engine. I found a Kawasaki service manual online and it said to set the governor opposite from what the JD manual did. So I set it the other way and it runs great now.

/ F725 governor Kawasaki 590V #4  
That's good news. So much for the "highly valued" JD manual.

Richard