3-Point Hitch Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #1  

gt14

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM146 YM165D
Here is my attempt to fab a 3 pt hitch for my YM146 tractor.
Here is the drawing I started with. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
yanmar3pt.gif

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos
Next I figured out sizes the best I could from the schematic. I started with the lift arms since I knew I could buy turnbuckles and the such. I bought all these parts from http://www.midwestcontrol.com/ online they have lots of linkage parts in any size you need.
turnbuckle.jpg

Here is the finished product
liftlinks.jpg

I also made a push rod from these folks I bought a long threaded rod and put some yokes on the ends. One end I had to take to my machinist friend who made it a bit wider and bored the hole out larger so it would hook up to the hydraulic cylinder. The threaded yokes gave me a bit of play so I could get the push rod the right length.
pushrod.jpg

I bought a CAT 0 Top Link at Wilco Farm store for $15. I also found some weld on CAT 0 ball sockets I cut some 3/8" x 2" steel 20" long to make the lift arms. The overall length turned out to be 22"
cat0toplink.jpg
liftarmdetail.jpg
liftarms.jpg

Next I made the lower link pins since they where metric. I welded a metric bolt to a 5/8 cat 0 pin. I also bent a 1/4" plate to make the check chain attaching bar.
chainattach.jpg

hitchpins.jpg

The next part of the project was the toughest I made the lift arm bracket. I used 3/8 plate for a base. Then I made some brackets to hold the 1"1/4 pipe I used 1/4" material for this. I also made a attaching place for the center link. The center link is offset of the center of the plate because the way the push bar attaches to the assembly.
liftarmbracketdrawing.jpg

hitchplatebottom.jpg

ligtarmbracketside.jpg

I also had to made lift links and a lift link rod this turned out pretty nice. I used 3/4" round rod and 3/8" steel that I rough cut with plasma cutter then rounded the edges with a grinder. I am very lucky to have a brother in law with a large shop where they make truck, train and cattle scales. Powell Scales
They have everything I need to make cool stuff. I have to admit my skill is low when it comes to using the equipment but practice makes perfect.
liftlink.jpg

liftarmrod.jpg

Powell Scales

My last step is to make the pivot arm that links the push rod to the lift arms. Here is my drawing in two views.
pivotbar.jpg

Here is a side view.
liftarmpivot.jpg

Here is what it looks like so far.
rearview.jpg

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #10  
Very nice, really! Lots of thought and time spent in fabrication.

Do you think you will need sway chains to keep your lift arms from hitting the tires??

Nice job.

Mark