Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct?

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct? #81  
Anything new to report?

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct?
Sorry for the delayed reply. The farmer that did the work came back to see the results at the end of May. I had him take my zero turn for a spin. After two passes, he hopped off and said it definitely should not be this rough. He thinks the freeze/thaw over the winter moved the soil around a lot. He recommened rolling when the property is damp. He said he may be able to get a big (8,500lbs 20 ft long) roller and roll in the fall. I have been looking for a roller of my own, but was wondering what the ideal weight should be? Is 1,000 lbs enough or do I need something that is closer to 2,000 lbs to make a noticeable difference?

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct? #83  
field looks fine to me. mower is wrong though.

would use a tractor and flail mower

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct? #84  
The big roller that the farmer is proposing is what you need. It unfolds using hydraulics and, because it's so long, will do a much better job than a 5' roller that you might pull around behind your mower. I'd definitely line him up so he can be watching the weather and get in there after a little bit of rain.

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct? #85  
Yeah, 1000lb rollers, or standard pull behind, don't take ruts out. Takes good timing after some rain to remove more bumps than the tires put in.

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct?
Yes, the 15,000 lbs tractor he is using to roll might cause more harm than good...

I have been on the search for a 1,500 - 2,000 lbs roller I can hook up to a UTV and pull it with that so less chance of creating large ruts.

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct? #87  
It never got any better when the grass filled in and after repeated mowings?

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct? #88  
CAT D8 and be done with it.

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct? #89  
To me it seems the problem is that you want soil off the high bits and moving to the lower bits. A heavy flat roll to some extent would do this, but will compress the tops of the high bits and make them harder than the low bits that the roll does not touch. Perhaps a fine, large area, rigid harrow would actually move the soil and level it better than a roll, then when the soil is even all over, then get out the flat roll.

/ Failed attempt to smooth property, how to correct? #90  
To me it seems the problem is that you want soil off the high bits and moving to the lower bits. A heavy flat roll to some extent would do this, but will compress the tops of the high bits and make them harder than the low bits that the roll does not touch. Perhaps a fine, large area, rigid harrow would actually move the soil and level it better than a roll, then when the soil is even all over, then get out the flat roll.
That is something to consider.

i have a half acre that is very bumpy and have been thinking about a drag harrow to groom it a bit. I do not need perfection. But having never used a harrow I am not sure if it would work well especially with the area having 80% grass already.