failure to upload

/ failure to upload #1  

gumper48

Am trying to post some pics and am getting a VBulletin Message that there is a failure to upload the files.
I checked the pic size and it is 200 x 150.
Any suggestions ?
TIA

Attachments

• prom 06 008.jpg
    prom 06 008.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 175
   / failure to upload #2  
Are you talking about the Photo section? I am getting a problem there, this is what mine says...

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" -size 120x90 -quality 70 -geometry 120x90 '/home/tractorb/htdocs/photos/data/547/23198hogedlawn-thumb.JPG'

Not sure if it has to do with my photo size of 800x600 or not, but the size of the pic is only 117kb

The size of the pic you loaded above is 640x480, is that the same one?

/ failure to upload
This was my first attempt at posting pics.
The one pic that came through with the message is a surprise,vbulletin said there was a failure ??
How do I get this pic included in my signature ??
thanks for any input

keith

/ failure to upload #4  
gumper48 said:
How do I get this pic included in my signature ??
Signatures should be text only. Refer to the FAQ.

/ failure to upload #5  
MikePA said:
Signatures should be text only. Refer to the FAQ.

Really... Hmmm LOL

You use the IMG tag for images in your signature

/ failure to upload #6  
Redneck_Randy said:
Really... Hmmm LOL
Yes. Really.
"After you have registered, you may set your signature. This is a piece of text that you would like to be inserted at the end of all your posts, a little like having headed note paper."

/ failure to upload #7  
I was going Hmmm to (Signatures should be text only) :D LOL Guess I better remove the image from my signature. ;)

/ failure to upload #8  
When people complain about speed, they have to also consider what happens if they have the 'Show Avatars' and 'Show Signatures' features turned on. First it takes additional time to display the image and if people use the IMG tags in a signature, then the TBN forum software has to go to the site where someone's image is stored, probably on another web site, and pull it in. If it's a big image, it can take a while. Even if the vBulletin software caches the images, the image still has to be downloaded from this site, for every avatar and signature in a thread. That's why I don't display either avatars or signatures.

/ failure to upload #9  
No need to explain things to me Mike. I'm an old hand at this software. I was providing requested hacks for UBB years ago when they were king of the hill with forum code.

/ failure to upload #10  
Redneck_Randy said:
No need to explain things to me Mike.
However, there are others reading this thread who are not 'old hands'.