Fake Crops?

/ Fake Crops? #11  
Hobby peach tree grower here. We have 3 peach trees, if I didn't spray 8 times, I wouldn't get eatable peaches. If I didn't apply the first 3 sprays, I wouldn't get a single peach. They just drop after the bugs move in. Peach trees are heavy feeders, so I have to fertilize twice a year.

Some regains are relatively bug free because they are so dry. Downside is they must irrigate.

No way I could even consider organic

/ Fake Crops? #13  
In my area, there are many road side stands that have hand painted signs advertising "Local Organic Produce." I visited most of them, cause it was important to me to support local, small farms.
Well,... then I began to discover some of the code stickers, they missed to remove, straight from Costco. :) LOL.

/ Fake Crops? #14  
Scams everywhere. I stay away from roadside stands just for that reason. There are no organic farmers around here that I know of (including me). If I don't use pesticides and herbicides, all I get is weeds and they ain't edible.

/ Fake Crops? #15  
In my area, there are many road side stands that have hand painted signs advertising "Local Organic Produce." I visited most of them, cause it was important to me to support local, small farms.
Well,... then I began to discover some of the code stickers, they missed to remove, straight from Costco. :) LOL.
I had the same issue here with a number of the stands. Rather disappointing.

Quick tip; organic produce has five digit PLU (product) codes, starting with 9. Conventional produce only has four digits. i.e. the organic version is 9, followed by the four digits of the conventional produce identifier. So a tree ripened white flesh peach is 3314, and an organic tree ripened white flesh peach is 93314.

All the best,

Peter

/ Fake Crops? #16  
   / Fake Crops? #19  
Nope, but they have had fertilizers both natural and manufactured.
Also insect and weed control both natural and chemical.
Almost all have been Hybrids, a few GMO'ed,
and then on top of that I like my beef, pork and chickens to be grain fed.

/ Fake Crops? #20  
All the time. Any crop treated with any sort of pesticide or herbicide would be considered not organic
inorganic

ĭn″ôr-găn′ĭk

adjective​

1. Involving neither organic life nor the products of organic life.
  2. Not composed of organic matter.
  3. Of or relating to compounds not containing hydrocarbon groups or derivatives.
I would say, no. All crops are organic.