Family, whatcha gonna do?

/ Family, whatcha gonna do? #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
My brother sent me some cheddar cheese from some place near where he lives. Because he is my brother and I love him I will eat it and my wife, bless her heart, will help. But this is what my brother sent me: Raw milk cheddar that's 7 years old. Raw milk! The cheese maker couldn't even be bothered to cook the milk. And seven years old? What's with that? They probably found some old cheese sitting in a closet or something so then they try to sell it. They suckered my brother into buying some so I guess some people will buy anything if the price is right. I sure hope it was cheap.
Yeah, the preceding was tongue in cheek, but that's only because I'm licking the last bits of that cheese from inside my cheek. That 7 year old cheddar is very good. The place the cheese came from is at this link: Rogue Creamery – Welcome to Rogue Creamery
I have nothing to do with Rogue Creamery except that I have been buying cheese from them for years. Whenever I would drive through Oregon I would stop in Central Point just to buy cheese. My younger brother moved to Oregon a while back and he is close to Central point so he kindly sends me various cheeses now and then. Rogue Creamery also makes truly excellent blue cheeses.
Cheers,
Eric

/ Family, whatcha gonna do? #2  
I've been to Tillamook, near the coast, but not this place. My hometown has a small cheese factory. They mostly made colby, though. Too mild for me. Wisconsin, though. Lots of options and all good. I definitely appreciated the humor on this one. Thanks for the tip!

/ Family, whatcha gonna do? #3  
We have a raw milk cheese producer here. It’s the best cheese around and the people come from many different states and counties to buy it.

/ Family, whatcha gonna do? #4  
You can't make c
My brother sent me some cheddar cheese from some place near where he lives. Because he is my brother and I love him I will eat it and my wife, bless her heart, will help. But this is what my brother sent me: Raw milk cheddar that's 7 years old. Raw milk! The cheese maker couldn't even be bothered to cook the milk. And seven years old? What's with that? They probably found some old cheese sitting in a closet or something so then they try to sell it. They suckered my brother into buying some so I guess some people will buy anything if the price is right. I sure hope it was cheap.
Yeah, the preceding was tongue in cheek, but that's only because I'm licking the last bits of that cheese from inside my cheek. That 7 year old cheddar is very good. The place the cheese came from is at this link: Rogue Creamery – Welcome to Rogue Creamery
I have nothing to do with Rogue Creamery except that I have been buying cheese from them for years. Whenever I would drive through Oregon I would stop in Central Point just to buy cheese. My younger brother moved to Oregon a while back and he is close to Central point so he kindly sends me various cheeses now and then. Rogue Creamery also makes truly excellent blue cheeses.
Cheers,
Eric
You about triggered me at raw milk cheese....because that's not possible. But now I get it.

I'm pretty diehard Tillamook fan, think I was four or five the first time I toured the factory. The air museum there is also a must see.

/ Family, whatcha gonna do? #5  
We have a raw milk cheese producer here. It’s the best cheese around and the people come from many different states and counties to buy it.

Let me correct my statement unpasteurized chews from milk shipped in steel cans in non refer trucks

/ Family, whatcha gonna do? #6  
If I got something like that, it would be dumped. The only cheese I eat is Tillamook Sharp Chedder. And any milk over 2% makes me gag. I can even stand to look at cottage cheese or an empty glass of butter milk. Yuck!

/ Family, whatcha gonna do?
If I got something like that, it would be dumped. The only cheese I eat is Tillamook Sharp Chedder. And any milk over 2% makes me gag. I can even stand to look at cottage cheese or an empty glass of butter milk. Yuck!
I like good cheese. And I like better than good. Tillamook sharp cheddar is OK. But there are cheddar cheeses that are much better. Raw milk cheddar cheeses are almost always very good, at least the ones I have tried. The 7 year old cheese my brother sent me was excellent. I like all sorts of cheeses but I gravitate towards good raw milk cheddars and bleu cheeses when I want a strongly flavored cheese. Some bleu cheeses can be very sharp and creamy and when eaten plain or on a bland cracker they are truly something special. Good cheese doesn't need to be strongly flavored though. A good quest fresco is one such cheese. And a mild cheddar is great for melting on a flour tortilla until a few brown spots show. Then sprinkled with a little kosher or other coarse salt and enjoyed.
Eric

/ Family, whatcha gonna do? #8  
Don't know if any one can get Bandon, OR, cheese on a national level.

/ Family, whatcha gonna do? #9  
I like good cheese. And I like better than good. Tillamook sharp cheddar is OK. But there are cheddar cheeses that are much better. Raw milk cheddar cheeses are almost always very good, at least the ones I have tried. The 7 year old cheese my brother sent me was excellent. I like all sorts of cheeses but I gravitate towards good raw milk cheddars and bleu cheeses when I want a strongly flavored cheese. Some bleu cheeses can be very sharp and creamy and when eaten plain or on a bland cracker they are truly something special. Good cheese doesn't need to be strongly flavored though. A good quest fresco is one such cheese. And a mild cheddar is great for melting on a flour tortilla until a few brown spots show. Then sprinkled with a little kosher or other coarse salt and enjoyed.
Eric
Good information but I have no idea what you're talking about. :ROFLMAO:

I was a lab assistant for my HS biology teacher during my junior and senior years. I stayed in the back equipment room except to disperse equipment and supplies to students for classes. The teacher used to bring the worst smelling cheeses for lunch and kept it in the back room. I suffered through that for two years and I guess that's what turned me off cheeses or what I call "spoiled milk" products. ;)

/ Family, whatcha gonna do? #10  
My niece lives there and is a former media celeb of sorts involved in the food scene in the Rogue Valley. I've been to that Creamery and it is outstanding.