fan belt fail M7060HDC

/ fan belt fail M7060HDC #11  
I would do just what you have done - try another belt and watch it for awhile. And while I did that I'd be a little suspicious of that tensioning device they used. I think that V belts might work with a smooth pulley on their backside - but two things bear watching.

One is that since I'm guessing most V-belts aren't made to tension that way, which means theback of the belt may not be as regular in shape or shape or composition as the V part. So I'd first look around and find a belt that tensions from the backside and see if it is a style that I can get in the size I need. Somebody probably makes a backside tensioning belt like that. And if that somebody is Gates, they make it in every size imaginable.

And then secondly the back side idler pulley may not want to be flat. I suspect that some "flat" tensioners actually have a slight radius to help the belt keep itself centered.....sorta likehow the "flat" pulleys on a bandsaw are not flat and they keep the blade centered.
good luck,
rScotty

/ fan belt fail M7060HDC #12  
hopefully because nobody else has mentioned it was fluke, that a new belt and proper tension will cure. Was very hot and turning a bush hog doing heavy cutting at 600 pto speed. I thought general rule was cover at least 90 degrees with belt the AC looks to be only slightly over 45 degrees

I had a problem at 50 hours working in warm weather, I heard belt squeal, stopped and adjusted belt tension, I ran it to 190 hours without another belt issue. Loss of power/missfire/low fuel pressure, now that is whole other issue that M7060s have.

/ fan belt fail M7060HDC
I think I may have found the problem

POWER FLEX-RPF
BANDO's Molded notch design gives extra flexibility to reduce heat build-up and provide long belt life, especially on small pulleys.

I don't see any sign of notch's on my belt and the AC, fan, idler are small pulleys the crank drive pulley is large. So they are in 2 to 1 over drive.

Attachments

• bando.jpg
    bando.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 69