Farm Pro 2430 3ph kit

/ Farm Pro 2430 3ph kit #1  

Jimbr549

Tractor
2004 Farm Pro 2430
When I bought my Farm Pro 2430, all of the 3ph components were missing. Basically, I need everything shown in the attached picture AND a drawbar. I'm going to make some assumptions in my purchase, and I would appreciate any feedback on where my assumptions would be wrong. Any advice on the best place to buy the kit is much appreciated, any other thoughts also appreciated.

1. I need a standard, category 1 hitch kit for a 30hp tractor. All the pin sizes will be correct.

2. $200 hitch kits are adequate for the lift limits of my tractor. $600 lift kits are not money well spent.

3. The drawbar will be tractor specific and will need to be purchased with that in mind.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 12.45.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 12.45.28 PM.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 73
   / Farm Pro 2430 3ph kit #3  
The pin sizes for the implement ends will be correct for any CAT1 but the tractor ends may be tractor specific, I just don't know. However, there may be a fair amount of interchangeability among brands because so many of them are made by the same Chinese factory.

You may be able to find universal fit pieces for at least some of the parts. Places like TSC, Runnings or Ranch King depending on what you have in the area. If you find a store with these types of things at least you can take measurements and see what will fit your tractor.

A local tractor dealer that carries FarmPro or other Chinese made would be a good place to check out. I suspect your tractor was actually made by Jinma. They also make NorTrac sold by Northern Tool and several other "Brands". The dealers may not be able to get Genuine OEM as a kit but could certainly order the individual pieces. However dealers often have after market sources that we don't normally think about.

Online sources include dealers like Circle G, Affordable, Ranch Hand Supply and several others that come up in a search engine. Many have online parts catalogs where you can look up specific parts and the drawings are usually better quality than the printed manuals that came with the tractor.

The top link is pretty much universal, most farm stores would have those on hand.

Side links might be tractor specific but should be adaptable if you know the dimensions involved.

Lift arms could be made by a machine shop if you can give them the dimensions and shapes needed. You can get universal weld on sockets for the implement end at most farm stores

You are correct that the draw bar is probably tractor specific. I know that my Jinma 284 had at least 3 different drawbar designs over the years. Any competent machine shop should be able to whip one of those out easily if given the dimensions required to fit the tractor.

/ Farm Pro 2430 3ph kit #4  
It looks like this kit would work good for your tractor.

As for the drawbar, I don't see any problem. I use one of these on the dozer with Pat's Easy Change hooks.

Now I'm just going to assume that you have the upper hydraulic lift arms that came with the tractor because they have a fine spline and would be kinda pricey to replicate.

/ Farm Pro 2430 3ph kit
Now I'm just going to assume that you have the upper hydraulic lift arms that came with the tractor because they have a fine spline and would be kinda pricey to replicate.

Yep, I do have the lift arms. I'm going to the farm today and will take my calipers and measure for pins, etc.

/ Farm Pro 2430 3ph kit
It looks like this kit would work good for your tractor.

I'm going to order this kit I think, I like that this kit has the stabilizer bar. Most of the sub $300 kits don't.

Last edited:
   / Farm Pro 2430 3ph kit
A local tractor dealer that carries FarmPro or other Chinese made would be a good place to check out. I suspect your tractor was actually made by Jinma. They also make NorTrac sold by Northern Tool and several other "Brands". The dealers may not be able to get Genuine OEM as a kit but could certainly order the individual pieces. However dealers often have after market sources that we don't normally think about.
Yep, it's a Jinma 284 if I'm remembering correctly. Buying individual pieces would run me in the neighborhood of $800 for the kit. Circle G ONLY sells individual pieces, no kit. I'll have a look at the other places you mentioned.