Farm pro 2430 injection pump timing issue

/ Farm pro 2430 injection pump timing issue #1  

Nitric

Tractor
02 Farm pro 2430
I have a 02 Farm pro 2430 that has bad fuel smell from exhaust ( burns eyes also ). I'm no Diesel mechanic, and live in more of a city area. So not a lot of mechanics that work on tractors. Can someone please explain to me how to adjust timing on injection pump? It seems that may be my issue. Any advice is appreciated

/ Farm pro 2430 injection pump timing issue #2  
Did this symptom start recently or has it been going on for some time? Problem is likely not timing unless someone has attempted something with the injection pump. When is the last time the air and fuel filters were changed? Need to know some history.

/ Farm pro 2430 injection pump timing issue #3  
Bob is correct.. some additional info would be helpful..
Timing usually doesn’t change on its own..
U could have an injector that’s gone bad or sticking.
But to answer the question, the pump mounting flange is “slotted” to fine tune the timing..
BE SURE TO make a scratch mark from your starting point..
Good luck.

/ Farm pro 2430 injection pump timing issue
So all maintenance was done this month ( filters, fluids etc) the tractor has always done it since I got it. Has around 500 hrs on it. Is there a way to test injectors without expensive equipment?

/ Farm pro 2430 injection pump timing issue #5  
Yes.. get it “smelling”.. and loosen the line AT THE INJECTOR and watch the smoke. Do this 1x1, retightening each line as u go down the line..
It will get messy so have a rag to control the spray..
When you find the cyl./injector that is suspect, u can swap that injector with one furthest away and see if the problem follows the injector or stays w the cyl.
If no injector seems to make any difference, try turning the pump a smidge..
It doesn’t take much movement to change the timing A LOT.. so limit the movement to a DIMES WIDTH from either side of your STARTING MARK..
Make SURE u tighten the mounting bolts after each movement..
Good luck.

/ Farm pro 2430 injection pump timing issue
Thank you for all the help so far. so I checked every injector and not much changed. Is there a chance they are all bad? ( Tractor sat for a while not used ) also I tried to find information about turning the injection pump, but couldn't find much pertaining to farm pro. If you don't mind, can you explain how to turn that?

/ Farm pro 2430 injection pump timing issue #7  
Look at the mounting holes on the pump mounting flange.. r they elongated.??
Look to see if there is a timing line on the flange that mates to the block..
If not make 1..
Now loosen the bolts and turn the pump.. it’ll probably be easier to take the hard steel lines going to the injectors off or loosen them up..