Farm Pro 2430

/ Farm Pro 2430 #1  

phacops

Tractor
Farmpro 2430, Allis Chalmers WD, Farmall BN
Recently my neighbor and I each purchased a Farm Pro 2430 with the Chinese loader. The loader on his tractor lasted about 4 hours before the eight attachment bolts at the back end of the loader sheared off. The front points of attachment of the lower arms also failed at the little gusset welds. I have been a little luckier, I only broke one of the welds all bolts are ok.

I am posting this as a heads-up to other owners, and I would like to ask if anyone else has experienced similar problems.

The dealer has taken my neighbor's tractor back and been in contact with Homier about a fix. He will retrofit mine when he finishes the other.

For the time I have had the tractor I have really enjoyed it.

/ Farm Pro 2430 #2  
Farm pro strikes again,,,,,yeah its me,,,thingy

/ Farm Pro 2430 #3  
Having a couple of bad welds, that need redoing is not unusual. I haven't heard of shearing all bolts. What was he doing when they sheared? Driving hard into some dirt?
Maybe the front mounts failed first, putting all the stress on the bolts? Did the bolts underneath, in the bell housing shear as well? Or maybe they were the only thing holding the fel from falling down.

I didn't use the 8 bolts that came on the tractor for those mounts. I purchased bolts that were 1/4" longer, to make-up for the thickness of the mount. Don't think the original bolt length would have been the issue, unless they were "soft" or were not tightened down.

/ Farm Pro 2430 #4  
I was wondering to if the loader was installed correctly or was somehow missused/abused. I too purchaced LONGER bolts as the supplied ones were not long enough to fit right with the backhoe/FEL bracket combo I have. but mine was built 4 yrs back now.

Markm

/ Farm Pro 2430
John S. thanks for the reply. I think you are right on all counts. One of the bolts underneath the housing failed also. The fix for the back end of the loader involves making the bracket longer so the two unused holes above the current bkt will also be used - six bolts on each side. The front bracket will be beefed up too.