Farm Pro?

/ Farm Pro? #1  

kjsayers

A dealer in my area is advertising a package of a 2420 Farm Pro 20hp, 2wd, turf tire, 5' finish mower, 4' brush hog, and a 16' trailer all for $5895. I would be using it exclusivly for personal use to cut grass 2 ac of lawn 5 ac of pasture. What do you think?

Kevin

/ Farm Pro? #2  
Use the "search" function and you will find lots of info on Farmpro.

Mark

/ Farm Pro? #3  
Another Jinma... Like Nortrac and dozens of other labels...

/ Farm Pro? #4  
like stated above it is a JINMA based tractor a good unit which has older tech with HEAVY castings that soem call less finished. yes they are rough castings but also very heavy and durrable. good engines with easy to work on stuff which will not shut down if you reach a maintenance interval which woudl require a dealer to reset like some NEW stuff from some of the big companies. go to the CHINA forum below for more info.

MarkM

/ Farm Pro? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A dealer in my area is advertising a package of a 2420 Farm Pro 20hp, 2wd, turf tire, 5' finish mower, 4' brush hog, and a 16' trailer all for $5895. )</font>
The price in fact is competitive, but I'm almost positive the two mowers are Chinese. The finish mower has durability issues, especially belts and tires. The rotary cutter transmission is reported to shriek like a banshee. You'll likely be happy with the tractor and the trailer, but perhaps you should negotiate with the guy for mower upgrades.

//greg//