Farm Progress Show 2017

/ Farm Progress Show 2017 #1  

mcfarmall

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5660, Farmall C, JD 260 lawn tractor
Any folks here going to the FPS 2017 in August? I'm planning on going for the first time this year, taking a week off and camping near the show.

I'm looking for some show advice. Can it be adequately covered in one day or should I plan on visiting 2 or all 3 days? They charge daily admission so I'd like to get an idea of how many tickets to buy ahead of time.

/ Farm Progress Show 2017 #2  
Sorry Mate, I can't make it this year, however I am going to Agfest in the first week of May.

Seriously though, I'd plan on a single day to see everything if you pre-plan your day and the booths/displays you're interested in. Shows like this will have a map displaying every booth/display area/food vendor/toilet block/etc... The show's website will also list the vendors (with links to their website) so you can decide if it's worth your time. Mind you, you'll find a number of products you've never seen before and/or never knew you needed before. (Spruikers are good at demonstrations)

I've tried bringing a 'wallet minder' mate along with me, but that hasn't worked as he usually advises me to 'buy it!" (then he can borrow it from me later on :))

/ Farm Progress Show 2017
Yeah Wagtail you have a pretty long drive to Decatur, IL. Maybe TBN isn't the right place to ask my questions regarding the Farm Progress Show.