Farm Show

/ Farm Show #1  

Lloyd_E

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kioti DK 45 sc
Not sure if this is the correct area for placing... but it does concern buying, pricing and comparing.

I took a few buddies to our local farm show. Lots of eye candy and innovative things to look at. I was impressed with a new (new Holland) interpretation of a ford 8N. Suggested list is $40,000!!!!!

We looked at the new Kioti with the bigger cab and THREE cup holders. I guess I should have waited a year before buying. There was the ultimate alder clearing equipment too.

And a couple of large tractors to pull out your stuck one!

We looked at band saw mills - may be one in the new future.

Lots of fun and wishful thinking.

lloyd

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    375 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    380 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    386.9 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    481.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    459.7 KB · Views: 279
   / Farm Show #2  
The new 8N suggested list is $29,900 with R4 tires.

/ Farm Show #4  
The new 8N suggested list is $29,900 with R4 tires.
I spoke with a new holland rep. at the farm machinery show in louisville ky.last month and he quoted me $36,000 for the new 8n with loader.YIKES !!!

/ Farm Show
Add about 25% difference in Canadian and US dollars plus shipping... it gets to $40,000 - fast.

lloyd

/ Farm Show #6  
That 8N sure looks really neat though doesn't it. Neat to see them keeping the nostalgia of the old name alive.

/ Farm Show #7  
I always keep meaning to get to the moncton show but never seem to find the time. Looks like a good turnout there from manufacturers and consumers.

The boomer is pretty cool. Price seems a little crazy though (even considering the prices we pay up here).

I wish i would have gone after seeing that CMI had a booth. I have lots of questions. Mulching was something i was considering, but i would rather ask my questions in a informal setting like the show.

Good pics, LOVE the big Fendt.

/ Farm Show
The 8n from a distance looked Italian - they are known for their styling. Once I realized what it was I thought it was too cool. Can you imagine driving around the property on one of these just for the fun of it - and 4 wheel drive too!!!!

One of things that surprised me was the decrease in Kubota tractors prices. Scary. I didn't take notes so don't ask but they looked very interesting. The funny thing was that the implements were listed in US funds! Not such a good deal if you do the math...

coobie - $36,000 with loader - what a deal. Looks like a sweet ride though.

lloyd

/ Farm Show #9  
The 8n from a distance looked Italian - they are known for their styling. Once I realized what it was I thought it was too cool. Can you imagine driving around the property on one of these just for the fun of it - and 4 wheel drive too!!!!

One of things that surprised me was the decrease in Kubota tractors prices. Scary. I didn't take notes so don't ask but they looked very interesting. The funny thing was that the implements were listed in US funds! Not such a good deal if you do the math...

coobie - $36,000 with loader - what a deal. Looks like a sweet ride though.

lloyd
I love the look of the new 8n very cool looking IMHO.I used to have a 1949 8n that I sold about 13 years ago,I wish now I would have kept it.If I was in the market for a new 50hp tractor I would give the new 8n a hard look to buy.PS-thanks for the great pics of the farm show.coobie

/ Farm Show #10  
The farm show was great! I liked the new massey 2625 utility tractor. I was like a kid in a candy store - so many implements to buy and not enough cash. The portable sawmills were cool. I think there is a wallenstein 6" chipper in my future.