Farm Tough Irrigation Box ??

/ Farm Tough Irrigation Box ?? #1  

Haoleguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325; Landini Mistral 50
I'm in the process of putting in a vineyard drip irrigation system and have questions about in-ground irrigation valve boxes. The boxes would house 2 each of 1.5 inch solenoid valve assemblies at the head of the vineyard. As such they would see tractor traffic. My question is has anyone experience with a durable, tractor pressure durable, rectangular valve box of ~ 12 inch x 18 inch? It seems that the big box stores(HD and Lowes) carry light duty residential choices........Thank you, Gary

/ Farm Tough Irrigation Box ??
RDrancher - I'm hoping that someone has tried the new composite boxes that are medium duty to see how they hold up to some traffic. The precast concrete boxes that seem to be readily available are the Old Castle precasts ........ Concrete Boxes - Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions .....Gary

/ Farm Tough Irrigation Box ?? #4  
Does it have to be square? I am used to seeing septic access risers made out of precast culvert sections (18 or 24", maybe) and lids. I have also seen them use double wall corrugated with the same precast lids. Some of them have a handle that sticks up, but some have one that folds flush with the lid. I would think something like that would make a pretty rugged access space for your equipment. If it needs frequent access, though, that could get old.