Farmall 75a low power

/ Farmall 75a low power #1  

wango tango

Silver Member
My 2022 Farmall 75a with 143 hours is having an issue where it seems very low on power. It runs fine but at WOT it will not come up to speed when I’m higher gears. At 0 mph it revs to redline/WOT almost immediately. When in high range it is slow and won’t pull even the slightest grade without bogging even further

I just changed both fuel filters.

Any thoughts??

/ Farmall 75a low power #2  
How's the air filter?
Did it pull the hills better previously?
What shape is the DOC or DPF in?

/ Farmall 75a low power
Air filter is very clean.

Doesn’t have a DPF.

Not talking about a hill. I’m talking about the most slight grade detectable. Even flat or downhill it’s bad. It used to be fine. I could put it in the highest gear and go wide-open the throttle.

/ Farmall 75a low power #4  
I would suggest taking it to your dealer and ask them to check it out. It should be under warranty and they likely have a PTO dyno they can use to load the engine.

/ Farmall 75a low power
That’s what I am going to do. Just was hoping for something easy so I didn’t have to :)

/ Farmall 75a low power #6  
Is it bogging or just not accerating? If you feather the clutch does it quickly accelerate?

/ Farmall 75a low power #7  
Doesn’t have a DPF.
I'd be willing to bet it has a SCR unit however. That is the issue with newer units.. If it has issues, only the dealer can diagnose them and or repair them. 2022 units will all have some sort of emissions mitigating devices on them.

Why I'll never own one. Bad enough dealing with emissions compliant cars and light trucks today.

I will say that keeps my Kubota dealer busy all the time. Very little mechanical issues, lots of emissions related issues and the mechanical issues all seem to be from owner abuse like not checking lubricant levels or running the engine out of coolant.

Kubota addressed most of the fuel related issues with the common rail engines by installing at the factory, a dedicated fuel polishing unit. I believe they are 5 micron pass though I've not looked at a filter element. Common rail high pressure injection are all very touchy when it comes to clean diesel fuel that is not only trash free but microbe free as well.