Farmall Cub 1950 needs love, any help ?

/ Farmall Cub 1950 needs love, any help ? #1  

raymix

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 35 diesel 4 cylinders
Hello,
i'm new here and I thought there will be someone who will shed some light on infos about oil and stuff because I am actually getting ready
to bring back on the road an old Farmall and I need many to know what oil and quantity I have to add.

Ok, the differential, I guess it's 80W90 , right ? How much in there ? (when i pulled out the plug, it was only water and little oil in there) Is it ok to use TDH ?
The lower link arms body valve (right at the front of the steering wheel), hydraulic 32 or 22 ? how much ?
The steering gear oil, which oil ?
The motor oil, how much ?
The oil filter, what is the part number ? Because I can't see anything on this one.

That Cub has no generator (who knows why they removed it) and took a wire from the coil directly to the battery.
It's kinda stupid because it will drain the battery out without recharging. I was thinking about using a Delco-Remy alternator , make some brackets and use the generator bolts attachment and fit this right to the second pulley with a V-Belt. Is that nice ?

Also i was thinking about using a master switch, just in case, to keep the battery alive when not in use (of course, cutting the negative side on the switch)

Finally, about the spark plugs, it is Champion D15Y right now on it (of course, really bad corroded ends). Is that the right ones ? Also can you tell me about other brands that would fit (example , NGK, BOSH, etc..)

Thank you for all the help you can give me.
I am adding photos for reference wise so you can see what tractor I am talking about.

Thank you,
Ray

cub-1.jpg
cub-2.jpg
cub-3.jpg

/ Farmall Cub 1950 needs love, any help ? #2  
Get yourself a shop manual because you will soon get tired of asking on the net. You didn't ask my opinion but here it is anyhow. If this is grandpaw's tractor or the first you ever drove,by all means go for it. If you simply want a toy,sell it and get an A or better still,Super A. A Cub doesn't have enough power to pull an old lady off her bedpan and parts cost's just as much as better tractors. Cub has flat head compaired to valve in head on other Farmalls. Parts are specific to Cub while many interchange on A and C.

/ Farmall Cub 1950 needs love, any help ? #3  
Most of the places that need gear oil have a top and bottom plug drain it out flush it with some kerosene and fill until the oil comes out of the top plug 80w90 I want to say its about 2.5 gallons total for everything including the transmission. Oil filter is napa 1153 and I want to say 4qts. I know these machines quite well if you have any other questions