Farmer amputates own leg to save his life

/ Farmer amputates own leg to save his life #2  
I don't (can't) even click on that. Shows me, how different people are wired. I start to faint if I injure myself good.

/ Farmer amputates own leg to save his life #3  
When I click on that, another page opens and says:

Sorry, this content is not available in your region.

:confused3:

I don't know if Lithuania is a region of... what? U.S.? Or World's?

Curious, do other parts of the World get the same communique?

/ Farmer amputates own leg to save his life #4  
Hmmm..... it opened for me. Omaha, Nebraska. He was able to stay conscious. I don't know how he was able to not pass out as he cut off his leg with his pocket knife. Obviously - the grain drill pulled his bone right out of his knee.

He's still in a good frame of mind and going thru recovery.

/ Farmer amputates own leg to save his life #5  
Dang..speechless.

/ Farmer amputates own leg to save his life #6  
Gives those of us that do jobs alone - pause. I think I might start carrying my cell phone. I'm pretty sure a pocket knife would not help me a bit.

/ Farmer amputates own leg to save his life #7  
WHAT?. they don't have a grate over that hole??..grain isn't that big that a grate can't be used!!..

/ Farmer amputates own leg to save his life #8  
WHAT?. they don't have a grate over that hole??..grain isn't that big that a grate can't be used!!..

Apparently he had removed the grate beforehand for some reason, and had forgotten or decided not to replace it.
Sigh....

/ Farmer amputates own leg to save his life #9  
Did they find his leg? Did it contaminate the grain? These are some serious questions!

He's clearly a survivor. I don't think I could have done it. Reminds me of this story, the hiker who had to self amptutate his arm after being trapped for 5 days.
Pinned Climber Cuts Off Arm to Get Free - The New York Times

/ Farmer amputates own leg to save his life #10  
That is why I keep my knives sharp. I would not want to cut a limb with a dull one.