FARMI Type Winch

/ FARMI Type Winch #1  

bsekf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7030, Long Landtrac 4700
What did you do before putting Synthetic Rope on a Farmi type winch? I understand you have to polish all the pulleys and the drum so it doesn't snag.
Is there a source of parts for the Farmi, our clutch is about shot.

Last edited:
   / FARMI Type Winch #2  
You can try Northeast Implement inc in Spencer NY..

/ FARMI Type Winch #5  
I am more interested in hearing about the advantages and disadvantages of switching from wire rope to synthetic on a winch used to winch logs.

/ FARMI Type Winch #6  
I am more interested in hearing about the advantages and disadvantages of switching from wire rope to synthetic on a winch used to winch logs.
We have one. Steel cable all the way. I don't think synthetic will last till the water gets hot

/ FARMI Type Winch #7  
Synthetic on a front vehicle recover winch may be fine. Me, if I had a winch that didn't work, I'd put synthetic on it so I'd look bad azz. But I wouldn't waste synthetic on a winch that actually works.

/ FARMI Type Winch #8  
I'd also be curious how well it winds and unwinds on a Farmi type tree winch so far as tangling and getting bound up is concerned.

/ FARMI Type Winch #10  
Our winch is 1995 model or so. Just replaced first cable this year. Cut thousands of acres with it. I wouldn't ever consider synthetic. Kinda like a sword fight. You want some chain mail or a froot of the loop T shirt ?