Farming with a tank

/ Farming with a tank #4  
Post WWII, old Bren Gun Carriers were quite common on properties/farms around Australia and Canada. I remember seeing them in the early '60s. In fact, a Mate down the road has two of them... one is for parts.

I didn't know about the larger hulled tanks being sold for surplus but it makes sense, especially for land clearing = a huge chain between two tanks can drag-clear a lot of bush!

/ Farming with a tank #5  
In the US I've seen photos of half-tracks used for farming but not tanks.

Lots of tank chassis are used for logging equipment in the PNW. Here is one mgf in my area.

madill yarder - Google Search

Bruce

/ Farming with a tank #6  
In the US I've seen photos of half-tracks used for farming but not tanks.

Lots of tank chassis are used for logging equipment in the PNW. Here is one mgf in my area.

madill yarder - Google Search

Bruce

I noticed one of the older yarders in use on the show "Axe men" was an old Sherman chassis.

/ Farming with a tank #7  
I have to move to Australia.

/ Farming with a tank #8  
Classic plant and machinery has pictures of them in their opencast coal series. Some of them had Letourneau cable control units fitted to the back and were pulling Letourneau Caterpillar and Onion scrapers. I remember towards the end of the Cold War a news story on tv showed Soviet tanks being cut down for ag use. Kinda stuck in my head. When dad was a young man he worked for Boyer and Johnson building roads and they had a half track with a small Bucyrus Erie crane on the back with a 1/4 yard clamshell drag line and concrete bucket.