Farming

/ Farming #2  
I would enjoy setting listening to gentleman talking about his yester years.

Thanks for sharing.:)

/ Farming #3  
Nice video.

Retaining a working ethic for as long as possible seems to be a real benefit when it comes to longevity.

When I was in Virginia a few years back, I remember hearing an item on the radio celebrating the 100th birthday of a barber in Cincinnati who still put in a full eight hours in his barber shop each day. The programme speculated his love of his job was likely to be a significant contributor to his long life. I've no doubt they're right. I also remember thinking i'd have no problem enjoying a haircut from the old guy but there's no way I'd risk a shave . . . . .

/ Farming #4  
What kind of tractor is he working on at the beginning? Some model of crawler?

/ Farming #7  
Really great story. I hope I make it that far, but I think its gonna take a lot of medical bionics. My doctor describes me as being a product of mis-spent youth.

/ Farming #8  
Retaining a working ethic for as long as possible seems to be a real benefit when it comes to longevity.

When I was in Virginia a few years back, I remember hearing an item on the radio celebrating the 100th birthday of a barber in Cincinnati who still put in a full eight hours in his barber shop each day. The programme speculated his love of his job was likely to be a significant contributor to his long life. I've no doubt they're right. I also remember thinking i'd have no problem enjoying a haircut from the old guy but there's no way I'd risk a shave . . . . .

My barber shop has two old geezer barbers, Gene and Caleb. Gene is in his 80's or maybe early 90s. Guess I am loosing it because I know he just told me how old he was. :laughing: The other guy is just a few years older.

The Gene owns the shop and a few other places in town. Both are kinda deaf. :laughing: Which makes it interesting when they both start talking to each other since I don't think they can hear. :D But then again I think they have said everything they could to each other a few dozens times. The Gene is a REP. Caleb WAS a DEM and he served in various elected offices for years. He just ran as a REP because he cannot stand what the local DEMs have done to him and his county. Before he switched parties there was some interesting conversations in the shop. :D:laughing::D:laughing:

The owner started working in town when he returned from Korea in '52 or 54 and he has been here ever since. He has the oldest business in town. :thumbsup::D

I usually get my hair cut at 7:30am on Friday morning since the shop is not busy at that time though there might be a few other old guys around chewing the fat. Last time I went to the shop I turned the street corner and the two barbers and some of their friends were standing outside the shop. The saw me and scattered like a bunch of 12 year old buys caught with a girley magazine! :D:laughing: I have no idea what they were up to but likely no good. :D

These two guys know where the skeletons have buried the skeletons in the county. :laughing:

I know their health is not great but I think that Gene will work until he dies or cannot stand up anymore. I will miss them that is for sure. THEY are worth what I pay for the hair cut. :D

Gene does use a straight edge to shave my neck and around the ears. His hands shake a bit. :eek::laughing: He has nicked me once or twice. :D I will save my neck thank you very much. :D:D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ Farming #9  
CBC.ca Video

A short video of an older Farmer!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Egon.. I enjoyed it much. It all starts with sound foundations and these folks certainly had it.:):)

JC,

/ Farming #10  
My barber shop has two old geezer barbers, Gene and Caleb. Gene is in his 80's or maybe early 90s. Guess I am loosing it because I know he just told me how old he was. :laughing: The other guy is just a few years older. . . . .

I have to admit to visiting the barber only rarely. Not that I grow my hair long - it's just quicker and simpler to give it a buzz with one of those home haircut kits. Might also be something to do with a middle east experience where, as part of the normal haircut service in Turkey, the barber gets rid of those unwanted sprouts from the nose and the ears.

Turkish barbers are excellent. But the first visit to one is a bit of a heart in mouth experience when he comes at your ears with a lighted taper!