Farmtrac 60

/ Farmtrac 60 #1  

SimonSeven

Does anyone have any input as to whether or not a person should invest in a Farmtrac tractor, considering their problems? I have an opportunity to buy a 2003 60 with loader, rotary cutter, box blade and trailor for $10600. Tractor has a little over 100 hours on it. What do you think?

/ Farmtrac 60 #2  
hmm, tough call. Good price on a tractor with all those attachments and only 100 hrs.

I have a '00 (??) FT60 with the 5320 loader. As far as the tractor goes the FT60 is the same tractor as the Ford 3000/3610 series (some of the dealers on here will know). I can get many parts from my area Ford/New Holland dealer just as my old ex FT dealer can get them and still has some items in stock.

It seems to be a tough tractor as I have worked this tractor hard clearing logs, dug a 5' deep 40' x 60' pond from the side of a rocky hill, large rocks that some were to heavy to drag ....but I did anway. Plus it keeps my 40 acres mowed.

My biggest dislikes is the Ford 3 cylinder engine is noisey enough to kill brain cells and ithe tranny doesn't doesn't have a shuttle shift. Its the old gear grinding Ya' gotta' let the rpms back to idle before shifting which is a pain in the ..... . the tractor is dated back to the '70 when it was tops.

The loader is FT made and I understand Montana still is using them on certan models they sell.

Investment ?? I bought mine used about 18 months before FT crashed. On retrospect from a investment standpoint in my opinion I wouldn't have bought one as evident by their bottom price on resale. But on the flip side if your going to keep it till your to old to crawl up on one it would be a good investment. JMO

/ Farmtrac 60 #3  
First, I'd like to know why the tractor only has 100 or so hours. I have a FT 60 which I've owned since 2003. I bought the tractor new and now it has over 380 hours on it and I am a very light user. The average tractor owner puts 75 hours on their tractor a year...as I recall reading someplace.

Second, the tractor is durable, I put mine through it's paces. It is easy to service.

It is noisy...you probably already know that. I always wear hearing protection when I'm on the tractor...not a great tractor for hay rides.

These tractors have their problems. I have had folks tell me about power steering ram problems, I have to manually turn the alternator on and the front end steering arm on my tracor slips which might be good versus breaking.

I guess it depends on what you want to do with the tractor. Mowing and bush hogging, light loader work etc I think its ok. Primary tractor for lots of heavy loader work or heavy field work...maybe not.

You can read my posts over the years about my tractor.

It's a reliable tractor and I haven't had any major problems. There are parts available.

The tractors are also shipped all over the world today so parts are out there somewhere even if they are not available from ford or a former farmtrac dealer.

You can take a look at the operators manual on my website. The Farmtrac 60 Tractor Page - Download Free Manuals

Hope this helps

/ Farmtrac 60
Thanks for the answer guys. Since I still have options, I've decided to go with a make that is still in production. May be a mistake to pass up such a deal, but I have to go with my gut feelings. Thanks again.