FEL blower update

/ FEL blower update
They use a rubber donut instead of a regular u joint at the trans end. IIR older Volvo used the same thing.
I think my tractor has 36 hp at the pto, well within the power range of the coupler. Also super easy to do.

/ FEL blower update #12  
Welcome to the 'white workshop club'.
Yesterday while plowing my hydraulics that control my front blade quit.
As a result I'm working in my outdoor workshop. Brrr!
I decide to disable the blade circuit and only use the rear blower as the front 'fix' will just be too taxing out in the cold.
Now I know exactly what went wrong, a simple bolt sheered that couples the front hydraulic pump to the engine.
Problem is the hood has to come off, battery and tray removed etc. and probably will still be a weak point.
Now I had to devise 'keepers' to hold my FEL arms up B4 they leaked down otherwise a disaster.
That's done now so I'll simply dump the plow and snow blow the rest of the winter.
Plow was nice for minor events and squeaky clean drive but 'what the hey', I have good snow tires.
\
On the upside I did a major OH on the blower so it is working A-1.

OK, update!
LOL, planned as I dozed off.
I kept the plow setup, re routed the hydraulics from the factory pump (have 2 pumps, front =faster, factory kinda slow)
All I had to do was re couple the factory output/return to my DIY front plow system.
At present it is rather crude as the hoses hang outside of my cab but then who cares. It works!.
The actual problem: my front pump coupling failed.
In the cold winter access and numb fingers (no heated shop) precluded the proper fix.
I'll simply say that my 'work around' (for now) will get me thru the winter.
Come spring (and heated outside shop), I'll rectify things back to what they were.
Thankfully today was warm enough to work bare handed.

/ FEL blower update
Lesson learned today. Cleaning an area for a turnaround for my sxs. Two and a half ft of drifted snow. Thought I'd just skim off the top, back up and take the rest. Wrong approach. With the reduced ground clearance of the pto shaft support assembly to the front, it acted as a platform to suspend me and soon I lost traction. Couple hundred yard walk back to get the side by and a shovel, had time to figure things out. Start blowing at the bottom and work up, drop the blower, rinse and repeat. An hr well spent in the learning curve. New chain coupler is hanging in so far.