FEL Camera

/ FEL Camera #11  
I thought the guy was a bit extreme but then people think I'm extreme too. I actually have 3 different cameras looking rearward (none out front), what my peepers are for.

One looking to the right side back, one looking center over the 3 point hitch arms and one looking to the left side back, all on one screen that is mounted on my right side of the cab. The 'view' I use depends on what implement I'm running out back. Cams are pretty much standard equipment on every AG tractor today along with GPS and even auto steer.

Never seen one on a loader frame though.

/ FEL Camera
Thx all!

Been moving stacks of lumber for 2 days. Trusses came and truck couldn’t make a turn in my driveway. Wrong trailer! Whoops! Poo poo happens, over and over again.

Their people were here twice to review the delivery route so....fingers crossed.

While moving the lumber I found it impossible to see the tips of the forks and 1 wrong move and your spending the next 2 hours picking up 2x4s. Actually my exterior walls are 2x6 , 10 ft. Plus, every time I lean to see the forks, the seat safety switch cuts the tractor off.

I’ve driven many lift trucks and tow motors etc. actually drove one at Oshkosh Truck in the yard for a summer. it was so big you had to climb a ladder to get in.

As long as I can see the forks I don’t do too much damage.

Thx again all!

Framers just drove in, 2 days late!

/ FEL Camera #13  
Search on user Waxman for threads started by him. He did some great work and eventually left after a long fight with Paul (4shorts). Paul had a way of thinking his way was the only way...

I did find some of his posts. Man, he is skilled! I could spend hours reading over his mods. Sad that he felt he needed to leave.

/ FEL Camera #14  
I did it!
(You did ask for updates)

Might have been my post that is referred to.

El cheepo from China ($50+ ish range) and I mounted using a magnet.
(might be higher $ now)
Played with different camera inputs and all worked just fine.*
I did not like the self contained on/off (pressure sensitive) switch so I left it in 'on' and added an external toggle switch.
I did purchase the larger display (about 5").
I have used mainly for snow duties and can say it works fine even below the cold rating. (OK @ -25)
I did not like the very fine wiring for a tractor environment so I taped the supplied wire harness to a heavier stiffer wire.

Still works just fine after 5 seasons!
No sore neck when snow blowing for me!

Note: instructions were terrible but I managed to work my way thru.
The one I purchased had many options, like flip pix, color range, tints, brightness etc
Since they were designed for rear car bumper mounting the internal guide lines were erroneous but still of service for me.
(I mounted high up on my cab to keep out of snow)

*I had other cameras to play with
The one I bought had dual inputs so I could run 2 cameras.

While presently I only use the one camera I did play with mounting a front for FEL/fork usage.
Great option!

Hope I've helped a bit

/ FEL Camera
Lots of good ideas. Many thx. I’m going to give it a try with blue tooth camera.....if I can use neighbors garage.

/ FEL Camera #16  
I did not mount mine on my FEL. It is mounted in the brush guard and worked well for hookups and decent with the forks.

Mike

Attachments

• M7060.jpg
    M7060.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
  • M7060 Camera.jpg
    M7060 Camera.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
   / FEL Camera #17  
After reading the "$50 Camera" thread on here several years ago, I purchased 2 cameras and a 7" monitor. I could not see the tips of my forks while sitting in the seat, and when I would lean forward to see the fork tips, the seat safety switch would kill the engine.

I was not successful with the camera system. I mounted the cameras on magnets so that I could move them when I changed attachments. I never could really see the fork tips on the monitor.

I have since removed all evidence of the cameras. They were useless to me. I had installed them in my Kubota L5740 with cab.