FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem?

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem? #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
I have a BX2200, when I am try to take the FEL off the tractor, I do the following: Raise the FEL so it lifts off the supports on the tractor, turn the engine off, and move the controller around to relieve the pressure. When I do this, the FEL drops real hard back onto the supports. It will do this a few times and then it will hold, and I can disconnect the hoses. Any ideas as to why this is occurring? Is this normal, do I have air in the system, I did have a leaking fitting, that I tighten. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem? #2  
I have a BX22 and have never had that problem. I just undo the pins and move the lower arms into posistion. Raise it up off the supports back up slowly. Shut off the tractor, put the joystick into all posistions so that the air escapes, disconnect the lines and back up.

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem? #3  
Can't say if the 7500 works exactly the same, but to raise the arms I need to curl the bucket so the whole FEL assembly pivots on the stands like a seesaw. I start by lowering the bucket so the edge is contacting the ground and the stands are not. Then I lower the bucket to pick the front wheels off the ground, and pull the pins. Then I raise the bucket to get the weight off of the FEL and curl the bucket to lift the cutting edge. If the bucket is resting on the cutting edge and the stands, it will do what yours does. If I curl the bucket so it is flat on the ground, the arms stay up. Then I shut down and releive pressure. At that point the arms settle a bit to a neutral position, but not enough to drop down too far. Hope this is applicable to your unit and helps............chim

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem? #4  
One item that I found out the usual way. Make sure that the arms clear the front tires by at least 6" . I don't have a concrete pad and was using 4x4's for the resting points. It all looked good on the right side but not the left.

Still on the learning curve. :)

Don

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem? #5  
When the wheels are off the ground, just remove the pins holding the FEL on the tractor. Now uncurl and lower the FEL, works better with the engine on, gets the wheels back on the ground and moves FEL off the tractor. Turn off the tractor, release pressure, and now disconnect the hoses.

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem? #6  
Chim, I had a post about hooks for a fel a while back...I used your ideal and it works great. Just wanted to say thanks for the info.

Have a great day..
Steve

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem?
I have no problem putting on and taking the FEL off, it is just when I have pulled the pins, raised the arms to it clears the supports on the tractor and move the joystick when I have problems. I shut off the tractor and move the joy stick, to relieve the pressure. This is when the arms drop, real quick, to the tractor supports. Start all over again, raise the arms, and perhaps after 2-3 tries of moving the joystick and falling each time, the arms will stay up when I move the joystick, and then I can disconnect the hoses and move the FEL away, I have it on a dolly. Any idea what would cause the FEL to drop a few times when moving the joystick a few times and then not drop?? Thanks for your help.

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem? #8  
It sounds like, that after you turn the engine off, and are moving the joystick around you are pushing it all the way forward into float. Try just doing the curl up/down and lift up/down positions.

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem? #9  
Re: FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Probl

Is it possible he is not getting the support arms properly set on the pins, and all the jostling around slips them in place? Clearly something is out of order here. Either the steps are being done out of proper sequence or as you say he is hitting the float position. In any case that could be REAL dangerous. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Problem? #10  
Re: FEL Drops When Disconnecting What Is the Probl

I am thinking the same as was mentioned.... You may be hitting float. Also, I don't understand the "wheels off the ground" I have never had to do that. I drop the stands and lower the bucket until they rest on them and then move the jot stick around until the pins get loose and then pull them. Then I just move the joy stick whichever way allows the bucket to move out of the bracket from the tractor. Then shut down, relieve the pressure (doesn't take much on the stick) and remove the hoses. The bucket is usually flat on the ground and the stands look like they are doing their job. Tom