FEL Joystick help

/ FEL Joystick help #1  

Huckster

Bronze Member
I was moving snow around and something went on the inside. I removed the boot and noticed that one of the Y pieces coming off the hydraulic hose broke off and the pin came out. How do I fix that? Do i have to replace the whole hose or is there a way to just replace the Y and get a new connecting pin? Its a C-50 FEL system off a Century.

One other quick question, How do I keep my hydraulics from freezing up when its cold? The tractor stays outside and I have no other option. It starts hard and takes forever for the fluid to warm enough enough to be able to tip the bucket.

Thanks in advance.

/ FEL Joystick help #2  
I was moving snow around and something went on the inside. I removed the boot and noticed that one of the Y pieces coming off the hydraulic hose broke off and the pin came out. How do I fix that? Do i have to replace the whole hose or is there a way to just replace the Y and get a new connecting pin? Its a C-50 FEL system off a Century.
Not real clear what broke? Can you post a picture?

One other quick question, How do I keep my hydraulics from freezing up when its cold? The tractor stays outside and I have no other option. It starts hard and takes forever for the fluid to warm enough enough to be able to tip the bucket.
If the fluid is actually "freezing", then it's contaminated with water and need to be flushed out and replaced. Does it look milky? If the fluid is just very thick do to the cold, then possibly a lower viscosity fluid can be used.

/ FEL Joystick help
I will try to post a picture, but if you open the boot, there is an arm that comes off the mechanism and it goes between the Y that comes off the hydraulic cable. A connecting pin then goes through the first tab, then through the arm and finally through the back tab. Its the back tab that broke off.

/ FEL Joystick help #4  
I am not familiar with your tractor or valve, but it sounds like this is a cam( or Y as you call it) that moves the spool in the two different directions. I would guess that your dealer or the valve manufacturer can get you that cam.

/ FEL Joystick help
Thanks. I will have to go see the dealer. How hard is it to flush the hydraulic fluid? Keep in mind, I have no garage or place to do it inside and winter just came.

Below is a picture of the broken piece and where it broke off. I stuck that bolt in there just so I could finish clearing my road.

Attachments

• IMGP0645.jpg
    IMGP0645.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 251
  • IMGP0646.jpg
    IMGP0646.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 191
   / FEL Joystick help #6  
Well, I'm corn-fused. Hydraulic hoses and cables? The first picture looks like part of tail light off a 67 Ford Mustang or maybe a backup light from a 49 Packard. I still can't figure out what you're trying to show. :rolleyes:

/ FEL Joystick help
sorry, its the best I could do. basically what is broke is the end of the joy stick cable where it attaches to the joy stick mechanism. From what I am told, I just need to replace the cable.