FEL Model 70 line replacement

/ FEL Model 70 line replacement #1  

bama7

Tractor
John Deere 855
I finally traveled to get the JD Model 70 Loader I purchased around March. I was in hopes the lines and hoses would be in useable condition. Dream on. I checked prices for replacement hoses and lines and they are not reasonbable at all for a frugal person like me, cheap. My thought is to replace everytrhing with locally manufactured hoses. I don't want to use any metal lines if I can get away with it. First off would it work? I don't know of any reason why not. And secondly has anyone on here done that before? I would think someone has. Thanks

/ FEL Model 70 line replacement #2  
Yep, ask around what the best local spot for hoses is.
Check the lines over carefully, only replace what is bad for certain. Get it up and going to check the ones that are suspect.

/ FEL Model 70 line replacement #3  
I see you list that you have a JD855.... ??

When I had an 855 with a 54 loader, I could take the hose to my local auto, farm store and they would make a new hose with the old hose ends..

/ FEL Model 70 line replacement
I see you list that you have a JD855.... ??

When I had an 855 with a 54 loader, I could take the hose to my local auto, farm store and they would make a new hose with the old hose ends..
Sadly there isn't enough hose to measure for length or any fittings worth saving. Mine would be a complete replaement. One thing I need to do prior to spending money on new hoses and stuff is to attach it to my tractor to verify fit. I have read some posts about the 70 loader not fitting the 855 tractor. Others say it will.

I am in hopes it will fit. Just got to get my sons to come over to put it in place.

I emailed Koyker to see what they had for my 855. And they said their Model 155 was the one for the 855. I got with our JD dealer to call for a price quote. It would be close to $6,000 after the install by JD. JD install would be anywhere from $200 to $500 depending on how the kit fit and if my tractor fittings and hoses were good. I got a quote from Westendorf for their Model TA 55 and it was $4,818, which included the shipping to north east Florida. If the Model 70 I have will fit my tractor I think I will take it to my JD dealer to have them give an estimate to do the entire job. I would rather have original equipment if the price is right.

/ FEL Model 70 line replacement #8  
Based on experience, the hoses fabricated by my local hydraulic shop are far superior to the ones I got new oem from Koyker with my loader. The locally manufactured hoses seem to be thicker material.

/ FEL Model 70 line replacement #9  
The locally manufactured hoses seem to be thicker material.

My local NAPA store repairs/produces replacement hydraulic hoses that are thicker. One day service. One hour service on slow days.

Sadly there isn't enough hose to measure for length or any fittings worth saving.

Not sure how NAPA would match their selection of hose end connections to your tractor without sample originals. Length is not too critical; be sure to tape measure with Loader at full extension for each hose.

I think I will take it to my JD dealer to have them give an estimate to do the entire job. I would rather have original equipment if the price is right.

Dream on. I will speculate that Deere mechanic time in Alabama is billed at around $100 per hour.

Last edited:
My main thought about going to the dealer was in hopes they may have all the specs for making the hoses and lines. I will check with NAPA to see what they have to say. I added my location too. I am located in Middleburg, Fl around Jacksonville.