/ FEL Work Platform #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
Trimming a hedge

IMG_3044.JPGIMG_3045.JPGIMG_3046.JPG

/ FEL Work Platform #2  
No way would I use that setup unless I had the FEL locked and secured so it couldn't accidentally drop !

/ FEL Work Platform #4  
I was thinking about buying one of those yellow safety cages from Titan. Would be interested in knowing what people think of them and how often they get used.

/ FEL Work Platform #5  
Not the safest thing in the world but not that high and probably better than a ladder.

/ FEL Work Platform #6  
I sure like your platform. Much better than my homemade tote bin conversion. I also hate ladders, but when you're working alone, I sure don't know of any other option in getting into the basket.

That 'hedge' looks worse than the wisteria's taking over my trees. You have a task ahead there that I sure don't envy.

/ FEL Work Platform
Thanks. It’s not Titan. It’s an eBay clone for $269 delivered. My FEL has a lock not on the cylinders but on the valve. I’m not worried about a hydraulic leak since I’ve seen several and it’s not like the loader drops like a rock. It settles rather slowly. Also with a 2000 pound loader the cage weighs 136 pounds and I’m 210 It is rock solid with no shake whatsoever

Andy

/ FEL Work Platform #8  
I like it!

My loader control valve has very little leak down...actually about none overnight...so I am comfortable using the bucket as a work platform now and then.

Key word in my case is bucket. I use a ladder in a similar fashion but just stand in the bucket. Occasionally I may jam a 2x4 under the bucket as added insurance. In any case, there is always the chance of the bucket dropping. My loader control has a little latch that when used prevents the control from being pushed in the lower direction. There is always the possibility of a hose bursting I suppose.

All in all I think the possibility of a rapid drop is minimal.

But catastrophic failures are always possible. Use the loader at you own risk as a work platform. I will continue to do so as the risk seems minimal in my case, and probably in the case of original poster as well.

Bill

/ FEL Work Platform #9  
Very nice work platform!...I'm all for making tasks easier and would use that in a heartbeat......there is risk attached to most activities....I would consider the risks negligible in this case and not worthy of worry or fear on my part....only the standard attention to safety and some common sense...have fun Andy!