FEL works off remotes

/ FEL works off remotes #21  
I can operate my 3ph and loader at the same time with my new MX and my old JD was the same. Never seen a tractor where this wasn’t possible.
Are you saying that those two tractors are typical of all tractors??

I have seen tractors with the "backhoe" on the front..

When someone does an aftermarket install of a loader, they can plumb it as they wish.
I have seen tractors that needed quick couplers changed if the loader was to be used, and swapped again for the 3 point hitch to work.
That does not make it right, nor does it make it impossible,,

/ FEL works off remotes #22  
Are you saying that those two tractors are typical of all tractors??

I have seen tractors with the "backhoe" on the front..

When someone does an aftermarket install of a loader, they can plumb it as they wish.
I have seen tractors that needed quick couplers changed if the loader was to be used, and swapped again for the 3 point hitch to work.
That does not make it right, nor does it make it impossible,,
I think it’s typical of dealer installed tractor/loaders based on factory specs. I was responding to several post that stated they wouldn’t operate at the same time.

/ FEL works off remotes #23  
I can operate my 3ph and loader at the same time with my new MX and my old JD was the same. Never seen a tractor where this wasn’t possible.
I guess it depends on what you mean by both working at the same time.
If you are just barely cracking a FEL valve with a light load and raising the 3ph with a light load OK.
If you are dumping and slowly curling down to spread some gravel and trying to lift a heavy load on the 3 pt with an open center tractor not going to work very well. If your Deere was an older one with a closed center system it is possible.
Or if you are just lowering the 3 pt while using a FEL that will work.

/ FEL works off remotes #24  
I have an 81 M4000..with a Bushhog 2400QT. The M4000 does not have dedicated remote hydraulics, you have to switch between 3 point and remote or install a PTO pump and reservoir to supply the FEL...Bushhog did supply the entire system once upon a time. I haven't checked to see if it's still available..... I've made do for 27 years. The lever to select is under seal and I use a bunge coord to secure when using loader.....

/ FEL works off remotes #25  
I believe LD1 and others have flushed out enough info that we pretty well know how the OP FEL is plumbed.
He needs to convert the loader to a "power beyond" valve, and correctly connect the PB valve to the tractor.
then, everything will be "live", but, still will not be able to all be used at the same time,,
I agree, that's what I would do, but as my 3yr old daughter once said when pressured by teasing Uncles "Everybody has their own way of doing things."

Henro: the OP is only having to dork with the Remote handle (tying it ON with a bungy in this case) because his FEL is plumbed from the remote and it has to be activated in order for the FEL to function.

In my view the FEL loader valve should be fed by "power beyond" and not from a remote. That means the high pressure from the main hyd pump feeds both the loader valve and the remotes block of other (open center) valves. That way using any one of his remotes for whatever purpose does not totally interrupt use of his FEL. In that configuration the loader valve should have a relief valve too.

I do not know the M7030 enough to say, but my MF of similar HP uses a separate pump for the 3pt hitch and steering such that the main pump flow is not affected by them. If the M7030 has only one pump to serve all those functions, then either there are diversion valves to split flow allowing multiple ops to occur simultaneously at reduced flows OR it is "one track minded" where only one pressure-forced action can occur at a time.

/ FEL works off remotes #26  
Henro: the OP is only having to dork with the Remote handle (tying it ON with a bungy in this case) because his FEL is plumbed from the remote and it has to be activated in order for the FEL to function.

Embarrassed to say that after going back and reading post #12 for the third time, I realized my mind had inserted the word “not” in the sentence referring to the bungee cord! So I was reading the exact opposite of what was stated. Makes sense now…my bad.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / FEL works off remotes
Thank you all! This tractor is new to me and I was just making sure it was working correctly and it is. I understand how I could replumb and have everything work together, however the way I use the tractor I can live with being the "one armed paperhanger" once in a while.

Again, thank you all.

Bill