Fence clearing

/ Fence clearing #1  

arkie7671

Tractor
Mahindra 4530, Mahindra 2638
I just purchased an old farm that needs some TLC. I need to start clear fence rows to see the condition of the barb wire fence. The fences are covered by blackberry vines, honeysuckle vines, and other vines I have no idea what they are. Considering using RM43 or Remedy Ultra and mixing Grazon P+D with it. Which option would be the best? Does anyone have experience with clearing fence rows with a herbicide?

/ Fence clearing #2  
There’s always this option.
IMG_0261.JPG

/ Fence clearing #3  
Why don't you give your local soils and water conservation district a buzz and see that types of nuke juice they approve of and don't care for. Looking for the least toxic and benign solution. Fences might be not worth saving.

And it depends on how many feet or miles of fence you are trying to salvage. A mini excavator or small cat is often the prescription for this type of job. Wipe it out and start anew

/ Fence clearing #4  
Even if you killed the vines what’s the plan from there? They’re still there just dead. And there will soon be more that aren’t dead.

/ Fence clearing #5  
Identify plants then read labels to see which are controled and how to apply. RM43 and Remedy are non-selective,Grazon target's broadleaf and leave's grass unharmed. Folks that tell other folks which herbacides to use with no more info than you have furnished shouldn't be relyed on. Haphazard use of chemicals is the reason several have been taken off the market and out of reach of general public.

/ Fence clearing #6  
If the fence is on the property line, how do you know it is yours?

If you don't have livestock, do you need a fence, or maybe just some boundary markers?

Bruce

/ Fence clearing #7  
If the fence is on the property line, how do you know it is yours?

If you don't have livestock, do you need a fence, or maybe just some boundary markers?

Bruce

I despise fencing that serves no purpose which most of them don’t. They turn into a disaster like the one the op has.