Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110

/ Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110 #1  

joes_427_vette

Veteran Member
Tractor
IH Cub Lo Boy, 955 John Deere , TC 55 DA New Holland, Bolens HT 20 and 1456
My 4110 came with only the left fender handle. All the advertising shows 2 for this model. The dealer wants $33.00 for an additional one. I can't see that price for a piece of molded plastic and I consider it a safety item. JD customer service stated some models came with 2, others 1. Bottom line, if you want another it must be purchased through a dealer.
In fall or winter when I'm shopping to replace my New Holland TC 45 D my "bottom line " will be in the back of my mind.
I also agree with the above post... the 4110 seat needs some additional cushion or better brackets to make it comfortable. I have alot of lawn area to cut and I can see a change in the near future.

/ Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110
My 4110 came with only the left fender handle. All the advertising shows 2 for this model. The dealer wants $33.00 for an additional one. I can't see that price for a piece of molded plastic and I consider it a safety item. JD customer service stated some models came with 2, others 1. Bottom line, if you want another it must be purchased through a dealer.
In fall or winter when I'm shopping to replace my New Holland TC 45 D my "bottom line " will be in the back of my mind.
I also agree with the above post... the 4110 seat needs some additional cushion or better brackets to make it comfortable. I have alot of lawn area to cut and I can see a change in the near future.

/ Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110 #3  
My 4110 (now 3 years old) also was delivered with only one handle on the right side. So I showed all the advertising pictures to the dealer that showed both handles installed and he got me one free of charge.

I would call customer service, if they show it in the pictures, and do not list it as a optional accessory, then they owe you a handle!

/ Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110 #4  
My 4110 (now 3 years old) also was delivered with only one handle on the right side. So I showed all the advertising pictures to the dealer that showed both handles installed and he got me one free of charge.

I would call customer service, if they show it in the pictures, and do not list it as a optional accessory, then they owe you a handle!

/ Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110 #5  
I too was very unhappy with my 1 grab handle. They told me
mine was the first year with only 1. {2004} I thought they
forgot to put it on. YEA Pretty cheap in my opnion. I bought
the second handle begrudgingly, but feel safer with it on there. I think most things bought from a dealer is overpriced.
Can't always believe the picture in the advertisments.

/ Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110 #6  
I too was very unhappy with my 1 grab handle. They told me
mine was the first year with only 1. {2004} I thought they
forgot to put it on. YEA Pretty cheap in my opnion. I bought
the second handle begrudgingly, but feel safer with it on there. I think most things bought from a dealer is overpriced.
Can't always believe the picture in the advertisments.

/ Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110 #7  
I bought a 4115 last year and had the same issue where only the left side had a handle even though the owner's manual shows a handle on the right side also. I only noticed it about a week or two after I bought the tractor. I was steering with my left hand and put my right hand down expecting some type of hand hold and found myself grabbing the fender instead. I talked to the dealer saying that the right side handle was missing (based on the owner's manual) and he said that Deere started not installing the right side handle in order to discourage getting on the tractor from the right side where the FEL joystick is located. I told him I was not happy looking for a hand hold on the right side and finding that only place to grab is the fender which puts my fingers a few inches from the tire. I considered that it was a safety issue. He agreed that holding onto the fender was not a good idea and gave me a handle free of charge. Perhaps it is worth another try with your dealer.

/ Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110 #8  
I bought a 4115 last year and had the same issue where only the left side had a handle even though the owner's manual shows a handle on the right side also. I only noticed it about a week or two after I bought the tractor. I was steering with my left hand and put my right hand down expecting some type of hand hold and found myself grabbing the fender instead. I talked to the dealer saying that the right side handle was missing (based on the owner's manual) and he said that Deere started not installing the right side handle in order to discourage getting on the tractor from the right side where the FEL joystick is located. I told him I was not happy looking for a hand hold on the right side and finding that only place to grab is the fender which puts my fingers a few inches from the tire. I considered that it was a safety issue. He agreed that holding onto the fender was not a good idea and gave me a handle free of charge. Perhaps it is worth another try with your dealer.

/ Fender grab handle, seat suspension change on 4110 #9  
As the rest of you, I also bought a 2004 model 4110.
I was unhappy with the no handle on the right side. I noticed it before buying, an got it included, but it wasn't easy. I am glad I got it. I use the handle all the time. I was wondering if the 2005 models also came that way?