Ferris ISX800

/ Ferris ISX800 #1  

lennyzx11

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301 HST/LA525 & 1964 Ford 2000 gas
Well, I never thought I’d do it but there’ll be a new Ferris zero turn delivered here today. And it was expensive for a mower to me at 10k.

I’m mowing about 5 acres. I’ve went through a few used ones to getting here. A time cutter, a couple of Dixie choppers, and a John Deere regular lawn tractor now that I’m keeping.

I hope it turns out to be as good as they are hyped to be. Everyone I spoke to with one has said do it and don’t look back.

/ Ferris ISX800 #2  
Good-Luck.png

/ Ferris ISX800 #3  
If I didn’t have my hills, I would have purchased a Ferris. I’m thinking you’re going to really enjoy it!

Mike

/ Ferris ISX800 #4  
Love my Simplicity XT full suspension. They are a great riding machine.

/ Ferris ISX800 #5  
I mow 6-9 acres on a regular basis, and owned several different brands and styles over the years. My current one is a Ferris 2100z, and by far the best one I've had. My property has a lot of trees, is bumpy, hilly, and other obstacles. It does get stuck fairly easy though on wet soft ground, so I just wait until the low areas dry out completely before I even try it now.
350 hours on it now, average about 50 hrs a year, grease it every 2 mows, and replace the blades and all filters once a year. Still runs like new!

/ Ferris ISX800 #6  
Love my Simplicity XT full suspension. They are a great riding machine.
My first thought was, Ferris has a patent on their independent suspension.
I looked at a photo of the Simplicity, it sure looks like a Ferris :oops:

Is Ferris owned by Simplicity, giving them rights to the patent??

/ Ferris ISX800 #7  

Ferris, Simplicity and Snapper Pro are all owned by Briggs and Strattan

/ Ferris ISX800 #8  

Ferris, Snapper, and Giant Vac were companies owned by Simplicity prior to the purchase by Briggs and Stratton in 2004. Seems like there was a couple of other lawnmower names under Simplicity that were discontinued years ago.

/ Ferris ISX800 #9  
I guess I need to get out more.

I bought my Ferris 1000Z in 2004 (I think), as a left over model. The dealer was making the change to suspension models at the time. Mine is a rigid frame.

I just looked at Snapper's and Simplicity"s web sites. This is all new to me. I didn't know they even made ZT's. Are they all just rebadged Ferris designs or vice versa?

No complaints with my old machine except the ride. Having a rutted lawn doesn't help.
I looked at Kubota's offerings the other day and the seats are much nicer than what's on mine. That in itself should be a big improvement.

Now that I'm officially old, I'm appreciating the cushy seats and spring suspensions more. I've run my son's 2100z and it's sooooo much easier on my back.

Maybe it's time for me to see what's available in the mowing world.

Last edited:
   / Ferris ISX800 #10  
I just looked at Snapper's and Simplicity"s web sites. This is all new to me. I didn't know they even made ZT's. Are they all just rebadged Ferris designs or vice versa?
I have a Snapper Pro s200xt with the Vanguard 37 HP EFI (with oil guard) and 72" deck.
It's basically the same as a Ferris IS3200 but without the suspension.
My Snapper Pro does have a very cushy suspension seat.